Pensacola, FL Sometimes warning signs and a cop are not enough

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
There were warning signs posted for 5 miles previous to this lane closed on I-10, that the left lane was closed. Then you had the normal 'left lane closed in 4 miles, 3 miles, etc', signs. There was a long string of cars trying to pass just one more car as we approached the construction, area, until they saw the cop, then they merged into the right lane.
The cop didn't faze the lady in the white toyota...who ambled on by. She saved so much time reaching the traffic slowdown a few seconds before I did.
:)

I had to cover up the audio with music, due to obscenities, but I did blow my horn as I passed the cop since the white car was already alongside my trailer.

I've noticed a lot of the time there aren't actually any cops in those cars.

South Carolina used to use inflatable cops in the old police cars they stationed in the median in I-95. Most of the time I see actual cops sitting in the cars in this situation, although you don't often see them actually do anything.

South Carolina used to use inflatable cops in the old police cars they stationed in the median in I-95. Most of the time I see actual cops sitting in the cars in this situation, although you don't often see them actually do anything.
Because they're busy surfing the net...

Because they don't have to do anything. They can't net any big fines or make brownie points so they just sit back and watch not caring what happens till there's a crash. Big speedtrap up here today where folks normally drive 5-10 MPH over the limit which keeps congestion down. One traffic light in that stretch has several crashes but otherwise the increased speeds are no problem. So instead of watching that signal to keep crashes down they create congestion, aggravating everyone who uses that stretch of road. Typical of SCHP.

They used to have a plywood cut-out patrol car and it looked unbelievable realistic. I only saw it once and I don't know if they have any matching their newer model cars. It did serve it's purpose in slowing down freeway traffic- even some truckers on the CB thought it was real!

Phil

Back