Peopel who use external batery pack af power source after engine off

James Kim

Reaction score
Country
United States
First of all, sorry if it was discussed already before, but cannot find exact answer.

I am going to install new 2ch dash cam and will keep it on 24/7. I know my car battery don't have enough juice

to keep it for like 2~3 days when we don't go out for weekend and drains battery.

I thought UNINTERRUPTED-POWER CABLE would be ok, but found only good some around a few hours

before the cam cuts off, assuming set it as 12v as cut off line.

So, wanted to add Cellink which is a what I need to record good up to 24 hours, but I have to add extra to run

at least 2~3 days, which is

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/colle...e-cellink-battery-package?variant=10331623495

But, as many people thought the cost is always problem.

So, found many people use external battery pack as alternative Cellink.

I saw video and read a few articles, but still confused. Cellink was pretty clear, recharge it while driving,

and give a power to dash cam while not driving it. It looks like automatically convert it.

But with external battery pack, does it give a same theory assuming you have all right parts and connection/ connectors?

Assuming I use cigar 12v socket as main power.

Manually, by owner, do I have to plug the cam wire to 12v car socket and drive it and plug external battery

pack to other 12v socket let it charge it while driving it.

And once back to home or destination, unplug cam wire and external battery pack from car 12v sockets and

plug cam wire to external battery pack to have all night record?

I am taking about the pass through charging system, just want to know where I can make same say

as Cellink does with external battery.

Thanks.

Back