People are so friendly on US highways! They're always waving and gesturing at me!

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
Sometimes with just a finger, sometimes a closed fist!
I run into this situation almost every day.
Somebody is ineptly trying to merge onto the highway, they assume the big truck will magically move out of their way, even if it means running over 2-3 cars to do it.

In both of these videos I slowed down a little and prepared for them to dive in front of me. I couldn't move over a lane due to multiple cars passing me in the outside lane.

The driver of this light green car was making some aggressive hand gestures as he passed me on the left, later.

Some people believe that you are subservient to their stupidity. They really don't understand the law of physics. I understand and feel for truckers.

I save videos like this (not always post them) since the drivers occasionally call my company and complain. 'Your truck almost killed me!'

Even though the speed display on the cam video isn't 100% accurate, it at least shows I'm not likely speeding, and have done something to accommodate the other driver.

Truckers ROX (y)

And next week i will be getting my electronic ATM card ID whish are used in the modern drive loggers here, and i better snap a pic of myself in the rental truck on March 17, and put a suction cup dashcam in the rental truck too so the world can see what an accomplished trucker i am.

I will be driving something like this, nothing big but can take 13 tonnes on the back, and that mean just 2 trips and my friend should have all his stuff in his new house ( minus the 1957 Chevy pickup that others will handle )

truck-closed-box-truckIVECO-ML120E25P-KONTENER-Z-WINDa---1518133569907143455_big--18020901460544837500.jpg

A bit smaller than the one i was schooled in, and at least i will not have a tow too.

Pedal to the Metal, gearjamming buddy

Last edited:
Sometimes with just a finger, sometimes a closed fist!
I run into this situation almost every day.
Somebody is ineptly trying to merge onto the highway, they assume the big truck will magically move out of their way, even if it means running over 2-3 cars to do it.

In both of these videos I slowed down a little and prepared for them to dive in front of me. I couldn't move over a lane due to multiple cars passing me in the outside lane.

The driver of this light green car was making some aggressive hand gestures as he passed me on the left, later.

They see the MERGE sign as a license to bulldoze you! Time to drive them onto their lane's shoulder!

Truckers ROX (y)

And next week i will be getting my electronic ATM card ID whish are used in the modern drive loggers here, and i better snap a pic of myself in the rental truck on March 17, and put a suction cup dashcam in the rental truck too so the world can see what an accomplished trucker i am.

I will be driving something like this, nothing big but can take 13 tonnes on the back, and that mean just 2 trips and my friend should have all his stuff in his new house ( minus the 1957 Chevy pickup that others will handle )

truck-closed-box-truckIVECO-ML120E25P-KONTENER-Z-WINDa---1518133569907143455_big--18020901460544837500.jpg

A bit smaller than the one i was schooled in, and at least i will not have a tow too.

Pedal to the Metal, gearjamming buddy
Not auto?

In both cases the drivers missed the fact that entering traffic is supposed to match speeds and merge, not the other way around.
Each had ample room to accelerate.
And if there are three or four of them merging, " it's pedal to the metal for them" and "get the hell out the way for you!"Many times I wish them a " knuckle sandwich"

My friends mechanic will handle the Chevy in the garage, though the loose bed and other parts will have to go with me in the rental truck as there are no time to bolt it to the chevy again ( along with a lot of other parts )
The chevy are just the frame with the cab on and front axle & motor/gearbox, rear axle will have to be bolted on again for it to be pulled onto a auto trailer.
No fenders or hood / doors on the chevy.

The 1985 Dodge ram charger will be driven from the mechanics lot where it have been sitting idle for a year, this will be done on temp plates Dodge will never drive again only value are the rebuild 416 CUI engine ( i think its that size )
The Chevy have a early 90ties 350 CUI small block, dunno why my friend tore it apart the engine was the best part of the chevy even if it was installed by utter idiots in some shack in the US.

Chevy doors need to be re - skinned, but i am not that skilled in sheet metal work, and then the engine need to be installed properly / legally, so it have a chance if my friend win some lotto money otherwise it will be scrap metal when he die.

@kamkar, just don't pull into the McDonalds drive through in that thing.

I actually found a Danish band playing 'six days on the road'.....

:)

I fondly remember when Billy Cross came over the pond, not much in good music from Danish bands at that time.
Delta cross band was actually my first live concert.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Cross

So if I give a friendly wave I have an IQ of 5?

:)

I actually do like to smile and wave at the ragers. It really cranks them up.

Back