Permenant camera installation

NikolejG

Reaction score
Hello Guys

Im looking for at camera solution for my Mercedes B-Class. I want a camera in the front, with permenant power. So the camera always can record.

I have take a look at BlackVue DR500GW-HD Wifi - But if you can recommended another camera i will be grateful.

Im pretty newbie on this - So i hope you can help me

I also have an MB and got that same camera. I did have it permanently installed at an audio installer here in LA. They did a FANTASTIC job. There's no visible wire. It's totally professional. It also records even when the car is turned off, which is great because this camera has an automatic parking mode. I'll post a review of it when I get my car back from the shop (routine service on the car, nothing to do with the cam).

If you want to do it yourself, read here.

If you don't want Wi-Fi and will search for a good price you can think for Itronics ITB-100HD because its recording quality is almost the best and for sure better than BlackVue. Is full black and if you will find a good position you can hide it very well.

Phoenix1, do you want to post a picture of the position of your dashcam on the windshield?

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
NikolejG said:
Hello Guys

Im looking for at camera solution for my Mercedes B-Class. I want a camera in the front, with permenant power. So the camera always can record.

I have take a look at BlackVue DR500GW-HD Wifi - But if you can recommended another camera i will be grateful.

This is a very easy DIY job. All that is required is access to your fuse panel and a "add a circuit/fuse" ( just uses an existing fuse socket ( 12v constant ) or (keyed) depending how you want your camera to run).
I suggest you look at the products here: www.reliable-eyewitness.com to see different ideas / models. Be aware of running temperatures ie. cabin temperature if you are in a hot area of the country. Not many dash cameras like to cook out in the sun, tends to shorten the life or mess with video quality.

Hope that helps a bit
Kyle

Phoenix1 said:
I also have an MB and got that same camera. I did have it permanently installed at an audio installer here in LA. They did a FANTASTIC job. There's no visible wire. It's totally professional. It also records even when the car is turned off, which is great because this camera has an automatic parking mode. I'll post a review of it when I get my car back from the shop (routine service on the car, nothing to do with the cam).

Some pictures will be fantastic !

REyewitness said:
NikolejG said:
Hello Guys

This is a very easy DIY job. All that is required is access to your fuse panel and a "add a circuit/fuse" ( just uses an existing fuse socket ( 12v constant ) or (keyed) depending how you want your camera to run).
I suggest you look at the products here: http://www.reliable-eyewitness.com to see different ideas / models. Be aware of running temperatures ie. cabin temperature if you are in a hot area of the country. Not many dash cameras like to cook out in the sun, tends to shorten the life or mess with video quality.

Hope that helps a bit
Kyle

I have take a look - Its look ok, but the camera must be small - not a LCD panel on the camera, WiFi and my iphone can do that. But i take it in my considerations. And thanks for det tips with the fuse, but i need af "magic box" between my camera and the car, right. So the camera not steal all the power from the battery.
Can you recomended me a box that works, and not so big.

Mtz said:
Phoenix1, do you want to post a picture of the position of your dashcam on the windshield?

Yes I will, along with a full review! I just got my car back (service unrelated to the cam). As soon as I have time I'll do a full review. I also want to get the Android app working before I do the review. It's not working on my phone or tablet, complaining that it can't find the SD card. I need to somehow get a newer version of it, not sure how because I don't have the app store on my phone.

Hey mate - you have to check this out for comparison. It shows the Itronics ITB-100HD, but there is a V2 coming out that will output at 30fps instead of 24fps. I have the Finevu CR500 camera...

http://dashcamtalk.com/finevu-cr-500hd/

NikolejG said:
REyewitness said:
NikolejG said:
Hello Guys

I suggest you look at the products here: http://www.reliable-eyewitness.com to see different ideas / models. Be aware of running temperatures ie. cabin temperature if you are in a hot area of the country. Not many dash cameras like to cook out in the sun, tends to shorten the life or mess with video quality.

Hope that helps a bit
Kyle

I have take a look - Its look ok, but the camera must be small - not a LCD panel on the camera, WiFi and my iphone can do that. But i take it in my considerations. And thanks for det tips with the fuse, but i need af "magic box" between my camera and the car, right. So the camera not steal all the power from the battery.
Can you recomended me a box that works, and not so big.

A Blackvue Dr500G wifi will do the job perfectly. Buy a Power Magic as well they are easy to fit and save the battery from going flat.

By permanent I presume you mean while the car is running. Not much good having it in park mode when its at the front as most parking bumps come on the rear.

I have a Blackvue 350 in the rear window for that and it goes for up to 3 hours whilst parked.

If you want an English version go here I have bought several cameras off him and he is a good seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BlackVue-Wi-Fi- ... 8830465%26

Get a Korean one here http://www.astrobile.com

I hope somebody will correct the thread title.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for the tips.
I know the rear end of the car no have survilliance, but when i park, i always park with the end to the wall etc.
And i want to use the camera in front, because i see alot of accident - And i want to help + i seen alot of funny things on the road, and its better the camera filming, than my iphone in my hands with 200 km/t :cool:

Ah, I was able to download the new version of the Pittasoft app for Android and it seems to work! I had to install Google Play to get to the appstore, so I used a test phone for that, and now I can copy out the APK file probably and use it everywhere, including on a Nook. Will post more info...

Back