Peugeot 3008 (2015 UK Registration) Hardwire advice

dchh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone had any experience hardwiring a dashcam to the car in the thread title? I was looking around but found little if any concrete advice. We have an "iiwey" dashcam and got a 3 wire hardwire kit for parking mode. What little advice I can find so far relates to either later models of 3008 or other Peugeot cars. It is a right hand drive UK model and a fairly basic spec (no built in navigation) if that affects anything.

Hardwiring needs care depending on vehicle spec.

If you have stop/start then that can present an ongoing headache.

The only surefire way to find a good fuse is with a multimeter and try and find a fuse circuit that isn't killed off temporarily during stop/start, or, by cranking the starter motor.

I figured this would be required. I still would like to hear from people with the same make and model of car in case they have any practical experience of hardwiring a dashcam. Even the smallest observation would be useful. From some of the research I've done, the fusebox for this car may be hard to access due to a literal rats nest of cabling and trying to get a multimeter's probes into position may be problematic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Hardwiring and Batteries 4
Back