Peugeot 308 (2011) 12v socket always staying on?

Yatesl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a UK Peugeot 308 and hardwired in a dashcam. I put it on the fuse for the socket in the middle (F9), but it seems to be running all the time, even when off (which means my nextbase 422gw is always recording).

Is there a reason why it isn't stopping charging? Does anyone else have this car and which fuse did you use?

Screenshot_20200821-093018_Kiwi Browser.jpg

Thanks

I have also tried F8 (audio, sat nab screen etc) with same results

Sometimes you can find info on a forum for a specific car- a google search might find something like that, Maybe a local car audio shop will be able to recommend a circuit to try. Otherwise you can try checking the various fuses with a meter, but many cars hyave delayed power-off on some circuits or are computer-controlled altogether, making the effort a lot tougher.

Phil

Hi all

I have a UK Peugeot 308 and hardwired in a dashcam. I put it on the fuse for the socket in the middle (F9), but it seems to be running all the time, even when off (which means my nextbase 422gw is always recording).

Is there a reason why it isn't stopping charging? Does anyone else have this car and which fuse did you use?

View attachment 53080

Thanks
I am not sure what you mean. Do you want the dashcam to stop recording when you switch off the engine? The cigarette lighter in my Multivan is always live.
To find an ignition controlled fuse, you justconnect a multimeter or a test lamp and check each fuse while turning the ignition on and off at every fuse.
You can use a piggy fuse holder which has place for 2 fuses, the original fuse being inside closest to the contacts.

The original car fuse is inserted into the slot with the red fuse.
6946c3112e42ecd8b042684710486e68.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is HW'd into the fuse for my electric windows (which only go up and down once ACC is on) so try and find a fuse that runs something which cannot operate when the engine is off.

Paul.

Back