Phisung S2 car DVR rear view mirror time, date, and settings constantly lost/reset to defaults

Datooooooo

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Hello,
I have Phisung s2 car DVR rear view mirror. it have problem that every time after switching off car, time, date, and settings constantly lost/reset to defaults. I replaced battery twice and checked battery works correctly but no change.
Every time when I entering new settings during car running it is ok keeps saved, after switching on it still remains same settings for a few seconds and than it goes to reset defaults. I trayed other chargers but still nothing.
In the beginning, my DVR rearview mirror worked fine, but then it was kept unplugged for a week, and after plugging in, it started having ongoing problems.
Please advise what to do, is it possible to repair it?

Attachments

• 25979a7d7e8228488208837f1c3acb029490210f_original.jpeg
    25979a7d7e8228488208837f1c3acb029490210f_original.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 3
There is also a RTC battery in the camera, beside whatever lipo battery, this is usually a small ( 10 mm or so ) button cell battery ( also lipo )
Often they are soldered in unlike the same battery in say a computer motherboard which is a larger battery in a snap in adapter.

There is also a RTC battery in the camera, beside whatever lipo battery, this is usually a small ( 10 mm or so ) button cell battery ( also lipo )
Often they are soldered in unlike the same battery in say a computer motherboard which is a larger battery in a snap in adapter.
Thanks, I thought there was only one kind of battery like RTC battery or lipo battery, I didn't know there is both.
I will check it and update

Thanks, I thought there was only one kind of battery like RTC battery or lipo battery, I didn't know there is both.
I will check it and update
I've checked and unfortunately there is only one lipo battery so probably there is a different reason for reset to defaults

The RTC batteries are small, most often look like this, about 10 mm in diameter i think.

dash_camera_alex_udanis_-_1_(8).jpg

I do think some battery cameras also do not have the RTC battery as the main lipo battery are also supposed to power that part, and which also work most often, at least until the battery fail.
So as you have replaced the big battery and you still have the camera not being able to remember the date/time my only idea was a RTC battery beside the big one.

Last summer testing a new camera model with capacitors for internal power, me and another tester also had resetting time/date problems, in my case every time my car had been parked for over 18 hours.
I replaced the battery in my 2012 car and that fixed the issue for me.
My battery appeared fine, and i had no problems with several other capacitor cameras in my car, and i also think some changes was made to the firmware for that model, it is now selling and i have not heard of others with the same issues on that model.

The RTC batteries are small, most often look like this, about 10 mm in diameter i think.

dash_camera_alex_udanis_-_1_(8).jpg

I do think some battery cameras also do not have the RTC battery as the main lipo battery are also supposed to power that part, and which also work most often, at least until the battery fail.
So as you have replaced the big battery and you still have the camera not being able to remember the date/time my only idea was a RTC battery beside the big one.

Last summer testing a new camera model with capacitors for internal power, me and another tester also had resetting time/date problems, in my case every time my car had been parked for over 18 hours.
I replaced the battery in my 2012 car and that fixed the issue for me.
My battery appeared fine, and i had no problems with several other capacitor cameras in my car, and i also think some changes was made to the firmware for that model, it is now selling and i have not heard of others with the same issues on that model.
Thanks for your support,
I checked carefully, I even removed the electrical circuit board and checked from the back, unfortunately this DVR does not have an RTC battery, otherwise I might be happy with the solution to the problem.
I think it might be something or some part on the electrical board that is responsible for battery.
I really like this DVR, it is good size, has dual recording and GPS, unfortunately it is no longer on the market.

You might find it with another brand nane, thats not uncommon for a lot of Chinese products.
In general mirror cams see very little action in here, and i can not use one in my car as my mirror are mounted off roof and a "long" way behind the windscreen, so half of the image would be the dotted area and roof.

Probably, the main battery could already be discharged and not hold a charge, in which case it will need to be replaced. Have you checked the inclusion of dashcam without external power?

Probably, the main battery could already be discharged and not hold a charge, in which case it will need to be replaced. Have you checked the inclusion of dashcam without external power?
I bought a new battery twice and without the charger it shows full charge, but with the charger connected it shows under charging.

Have you reset to factory settings after replacing the battery?
You may need to reboot the dash, in which case you will need the original firmware

Have you reset to factory settings after replacing the battery?
You may need to reboot the dash, in which case you will need the original firmware
Yes I reset from menu and from back button also formatted SD card many times

Now I noticed that DVR rear view mirror retains information as long as it is not plugged in or connected to a mobile charger or laptop via USB. but when I connected it to the car and started the engine it did the exact same time and some settings were lost / reset to defaults but keeps the date correct.

Back