Photo timelapse problem

StfLA

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi!

I just bought a Gitup G3 and plan to use it only for still images.
I bought it because of the photo 0.5s timelapse interval and the optional GPS receiver.

My main problem is that with a 0.5s interval, I get 1 image per second.
For a 1435 seconds timelapse I have ..... 1435 images....

I tried to create a support ticket on the gitup website but I never received the account password.

What was the exposure time of each photo? If it was close to or longer than 0.5s that may be why you got 1s intervals.

No, Exposure time was about 1/1000 to 1/450

Ok, there is a bug in the firmware. The real interval is 1 second + interval :
G3 settings -> real interval
0.5s -> 1.5s
1s -> 2s
2s -> 3s
5s -> 6s

The time may vary depending on the resolution and memory card, the 1 second is mostly time required to write the image to the memory card, some memory cards are faster than others, although note that it uses the older SD specification, not UHS, so the UHS speed ratings don't mean much, sometimes older cards are faster than the newer ones when using the older specification. Raw files are much slower.

It may also depend on the firmware version, might be worth checking that you are using the latest.

Not sure what the fastest it can manage is, but it is slower than the Git2.

0.5s -> 1.5s
1s -> 2s
2s -> 3s
5s -> 6s
I agree the interval between shots should not include the time taken to save the file to the card. I'll check mine and see if I get the same result.

0.5s -> 1.5s
Your original post said your camera recorded 1435 images in 1435 seconds when set to 0.5s interval, so the real interval must have been 1s, not 1.5s?

I know it's not a SD card speed problem because I can use the "burst continous" mode for more than 1 minute with about 3 pic per second.
If a press the shutter button as fast as I can, I get a little more than 1 pic per second.
I use the latest firmware to date (v2.2_1113).

And the most strange thing is when you use the 5s interval. You don't push the camera to its hardware limit but the interval is exactly 6s instead of 5s.

Your original post said your camera recorded 1435 images in 1435 seconds when set to 0.5s interval, so the real interval must have been 1s, not 1.5s?
I agree, and I had the same interrogation. Unfortunately, i've deleted this sequence. I'll do another test when the weather is better.

I know it's not a SD card speed problem because I can use the "burst continous" mode for more than 1 minute with about 3 pic per second.
If a press the shutter button as fast as I can, I get a little more than 1 pic per second.
I use the latest firmware to date (v2.2_1113).

And the most strange thing is when you use the 5s interval. You don't push the camera to its hardware limit but the interval is exactly 6s instead of 5s.
Burst mode is buffered in processor memory, which is why it has a time limit.

I agree the interval between shots should not include the time taken to save the file to the card. I'll check mine and see if I get the same result.
You can use this to test your cam :
http://www.stemani.fr/clock_css.html
It's not a perfect clock, as the second hand is a little slower than expected, but I don't know how to correct it, and it's already accurate enough.

Burst mode is buffered in processor memory, which is why it has a time limit.
Sorry, I was not clear enough. I said "for more than 1 minute" because I stopped my test at about 1mn20.
I just relaunched it for 3 minutes, and I got the same pic per second. I think it's long enough to completely fill the buffer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Git3 5
T Git3 6
Nigel Git3 48
Back