Pickup brake checks and reverses into tailgating motorbike (Thailand)

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
Apparently a little mutual road rage going on here, between two tourists on a motorbike, and a local in a pickup. Skip to about :47 to see the action.
Slight chance the pickup driver was inept, and rolled back unintentionally on the uphill, after the brake check.

I don't think the rider was being aggressive, just a typical unthinking non-biker using one on holiday without having a clue about safe riding. And if there's a time for safe riding, it's when you're abroad.

I think the "lesson" was deliberate. A harsh lesson, but I bet the rider will leave more room in future.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The pickup did reverse or roll back after it stopped. The brake check or stopping thing was survivable. Reversing is what knocked the bike down.

It's kind of hard to claim the scooter rearended you when the car behind it had a dashcam.

:LOL:

(The pickup driver took off, anyway)

no excuse for either. bike stupidly tailgating and driving on the shoulder, and truck stopping and then reversing into the bike. you can clearly see the reverse lights come on even before the truck is completely stopped, and then turn off as they run away.

good thing the cam car wasn't tailgating or it would have been a VERY bad day for the 2 on the bike.

Back