Pics that make you smile

201693d541f7-ed5a-47c6-ad44-db4986939d1b.png

I wasn't sure it would start?

My Mom had a Peugeot, once, and she loved it. I think it was a 505. It met an early death at the hands of a stop sign running Buick. French cars just don't seem to last long in the US.

@dash riposki
...i think i've heard at least two attempts starting the motor...
they don't last long in europe, too (like opel/vauxhaul hardly to be considered as a "car" anymore, they used to be good some 30/40years ago)

but the diesel-motors built from PSA (a cooperation of peugot and citroen) are neat engines...
(ok you can still forget the rest of their "cars", but the diesel-engines are good ;)

Funny you mention Opel, and Vauxhall. My dad had a Victor briefly, (Not common in the US), and also an Opel, later. (But was a rebadged Isuzu)
Out of the bunch, the Isuzu was OK.

My Mom had a Peugeot, once, and she loved it. I think it was a 505. It met an early death at the hands of a stop sign running Buick. French cars just don't seem to last long in the US.
The 505 was a sturdy machine, it would've lasted if it wasn't for the Buick. o_O

they don't last long in europe, too (like opel/vauxhaul hardly to be considered as a "car" anymore, they used to be good some 30/40years ago)
Hold it right there! Opel's engines were some of the most reliable ones until 2004/2005, when they started using Fiat material. Their Isuzu diesel engines were (and still are) almost unbreakable. The same goes for the petrol engines: the 19 year old 1.4 16V Astra I drive has 270.000kms and only had minor problems in the 11 years I've been driving it.

@Module 79L
the thing with opel-engines is: most people never get the chance to encounter motor-problems with an opel, as the rest of the car sucks badly...

In german, OPEL is used as an abressive for "ohne power ewig letzter" (without power always last); because most models from Opel come underpowered... But in the end, it doesn't matter, as the rest of the car ... well, it's opel (i just don't like opel)

@dash riposki
...everytime i see a multipla, i hear a car screaming "kill me, please" ;-)

I actually don't mind the Multipla, but the strange transition from the hood to the windshield.......WTF?

It's like they chopped the top half of another car, and put it on the bottom half of a different car. (Maybe they did?)

vwbus.jpg

@Module 79L
the thing with opel-engines is: most people never get the chance to encounter motor-problems with an opel, as the rest of the car sucks badly...

In german, OPEL is used as an abressive for "ohne power ewig letzter" (without power always last); because most models from Opel come underpowered... But in the end, it doesn't matter, as the rest of the car ... well, it's opel (i just don't like opel)
You must be talking about the newer models because the old ones were in no way underpowered, compared with what was available at the time. The Astra's first generation had a 1.4L engine with 82hp when the best the competition had to offer with the same capacity was 60 or 75. The 1.7L DTI was the first "small capacity" diesel engine to reach 100hp, figures that at the time were only possible with 1.9L and above engines.
When you think about the Rover 1.4, that was the most powerful car in the 1.4L segment with 103hp but that had the most unreliable 1.4L engine ever put in a car, I have to say the Germans were right to say that. ;)

Fiat.....deserves a thread of it's own...
When Fiat and Ferrari became part of the same automotive group, many people started buying red Fiats. I don't think I have to explain why. ;):D

Opel since 1990s...
Even my father (a REAL Opel-Fan) says the same as I do...

As for the engines - yeah, once they realy built good ones... Also good cars; but like a rollercoaster - there's a time to go up, but it will be followed by a very fast drop...

But for todays Diesel - well, my dream-car:
chasis and interior a mix between ford focus and volvo c40 II
motorized by a PSA-Diesel
reliability from the old Nissans (before they were bought by/bought renault)

(and my dream truck (reading "lorry") a Saurer 6DM ;)

We once put in a 2.8 L Opel senator engine in a Manta A :D due to lack of space in the front with the engine the radiators had to go in the boot that was left open with a 10 CM gap so the electrical fans had a chance of breathing some cold air at least.

Another of the guys had a newer manta with a 2.2 L injected engine, that one also moved good.

And i would love a Kaddet C GTE
kadett_c_cupe.jpg

This first one would do good.

Last edited:
Happiness :)

I took my dog, a Brittany Spaniel, on a nice long hike in the mountains many years ago and after returning to the car I drove a few miles to Burger King to get something to eat. I figured my dog would be hungry too so I got her a hamburger of her own. Knowing that she'd wolf down her hamburger then beg for mine I ate half of mine first before giving her the burger -- honestly she woofed down the entire burger in less than 5 seconds, probably closer to 3 seconds. And yes, she immediately began begging for mine!

Brian

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back