Pics that make you smile

I wish i had the right to a bear arms, just like the Americans :D no wonder there is so few bears left over there with 1 bear to provide arms to 2 Americans.

Actually, there is a VERY healthy population of bears here in the US, both black bear and brown bear. Where I live the population of thousands is carefully managed through licensed hunting to keep that population healthy and in balance with the available habitat resources.

Last edited:
Hehe i know.

Saw a TV program not long ago about bears, some of the researchers was pretty sad the bears they followed for years suddenly got shot.
so there was the usual conflict of interests.

It just come to my attention black fin tuna ( really big ones ) are now swimming in Danish waters again, the last big tuna cached on a rod here was in the mid 60ties.
Those are off course protected here, at least in regard to commercial fishing, but i figure you can catch and release them or will be able to do that soon
Perhaps i can soon sell off my big game fishing reel to some hopeful tuna fisher, hope i can get some of the money back, only used it a few times when we rented a boat and went for all day trips for sharks.
Reel was not cheap, and same was the case with the mile - mile and a half or so of nice thick fishing line.

Got to be careful with that patent though. Remember the Betamax / VHS wars in the 80s?
Only a few bought the expensive Beta machines when a VHS machine was a fraction of the price.
Only a few years down the line, I bought 2 Beta machines second hand. One at a car boot sale for 50p, the other came with a huge box of tapes, I paid £10.
Both my kids had all their VHS tapes converted to beta & they could watch them over and over until the tapes wore out. I even sold the machines on eBay for a tidy profit, still working well, long after my umpteenth VHS machine had died.

I like having the right to bare arms but mine are hairy :p

Kamkar1, is there a "Craigslist" or something like that over there? You could log in to the coastal ones and perhaps sell your fishing gear there for a good price. I gave all my fishing gear away when I stopped fishing decades ago; I just didn't have the time for it anymore and decided that I'd rather it help someone else catch fish than to rust away with me. When I retire (if I ever do) I'll get more and once again enjoy an easy day at the lake or river with nothing in particular to care about :cool:

Sludgeguts, you had the wrong VCR's. The old Panasonic ones ran forever with a new idler wheel once in a while and occasionally a transport motor which the average person could do for themselves if they tried. Those were the last 'home appliances' I know of which were built with long life and repairability in mind- everything made since then is essentially a 'throw-away' :(

Phil

Yeah we got a few craiglist like things going on over here, one of them was even snagged up by ebay a while back.

But i will hang on to the gear for a while, even the heavy shark stuff and the cod vertical jigging stuff that also take a toll on a weak guy pulling up a 13 Kg cod from 90 M below.

I might catch a second wind one day, and i am still up for a trip on the north sea again after the big cods living on the wrecks of the ships sunk in the Battle of Jutland in WW1.

This is one data loggin car you do not want to hit as you run a red light, there will be no taking google to the cleaners in this case.
google_sdc_lexus_crash2.png

https://9to5google.com/2016/09/23/g...in-what-appears-to-be-its-worst-accident-yet/

:rolleyes:

Selfie with Hillary.
I am lost for words with situations like this.
Hillary should provide a full size cardbord cutout for events like this.

Friends in high places :)

Properly the same ppl my communist father would have up against a wall and shot.

Today's USA debate. Either way, we loose. I wish we could start over with good candidates. My happy thought is, I not voting for either one.
2016 election.jpg

Clump.jpg

Today's USA debate. Either way, we loose. I wish we could start over with good candidates. My happy thought is, I not voting for either one.
Somehow i think that this election take away dignity from that office and from your country, two clowns on the race.
I mean, this is how this looks from outside.
Or maybe hole world is going down from toilet, putin is a joke, eu is a joke, list goes on...:(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back