Pics that make you smile

Yes you cant really use the period truck of the age for the center part cuz then you would to some degree just have a truck of the period, but with somewhat different fleeetsides than trucks of the age.
I would also have liked to see it lifted a little more and fitted with larger tires, not 46" tiers but something a little more truck like, then again you will have to do something with the front wheel arches / wells to make room for larger tires.
I do prefer the stepside beds over fleetside for looks but they do loose out on practicality., really too bad my friends Chevy Apache will never again move under its own power.
chevy30%.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

My daughter and I rebuilt this 1958 Chevy Apache truck 3/4 ton long bed. We disassembled it to expose the frame and then fixed/replaced all the broken & worn parts. The wooden bed was fun, but it turned out to need ongoing maintenance, we needed to re-oil it twice a year. We hired professional help to weld in a few body patch panels for the rust areas, the painting, and the gauge rebuild. It was a fun way to spend many months in the garage together. She drove it to high school during her senior year.
truck 4.jpgtruck 5 bed.jpgtruck 8 gauges.jpg

Attachments

• truck 10a.jpg
    truck 10a.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Nice.

My friend got roped in with a " inspection ready" speech from the seller, it was far from ready for anything.
Front quaterpanels was kilos of bondo and old US road signs, the newer 350 CUI engine was installed bolt on to some 2/3 inch steel fabbed up quick with a acetylene torch and horrible welding work, no rubber dampers what so ever on engine or transmission ( the original 3 speed stick shift i assume )
Pretty sure the engine transmission would have fallen out pretty quick if you had run it the way it was put together.
Huge parts of the "steps" in the ladder frame was cut out with acetylene torch to make room for the headers and exhaust.
Some one ran the wipers with no blades = scratched up windscreen.
Doors also plastered heavy in bondo and sheet metal, much oof lower 1/3 have to be re- skinned.
The bed and rear quaterpanels was fine, but bed standing in his garden for +10 years did not make it better, frame in general also fine aside for easy to fix cutouts, though we / i have not measured it out, i fear its as banged up as his Dodge ram charger, that are so twisted you cant even put in a new windscreen without cracking it ( they did that )
Chrome parts of course also all have to be redone, not that bad but thats still another expense.

All in all not that bad,,,,,, IF ! you was in a Garage in the US with access to parts and knowledge, but both of those are far in between over here in Denmark.
That chevy should never have left the states, or at least not have gotten in the hands of my friend, cuz he always have loads of other things to spend his money on, drugs just being one of them.

Last edited:
I like alternative in most cases.

Judging by the car design on the package, it is probably from back when a dashboard was of steel and seat belts was all the rage.
Many a face was rearranged back in those days.
Could make up for a cool "you dont have one like mine" cycle helmet.

My daughter and I rebuilt this 1958 Chevy Apache truck 3/4 ton long bed. We disassembled it to expose the frame and then fixed/replaced all the broken & worn parts. The wooden bed was fun, but it turned out to need ongoing maintenance, we needed to re-oil it twice a year. We hired professional help to weld in a few body patch panels for the rust areas, the painting, and the gauge rebuild. It was a fun way to spend many months in the garage together. She drove it to high school during her senior year.
View attachment 41409View attachment 41410View attachment 41411
I used to do frame-off restorations of DeLoreans at the shop in Humble, TX. I can't link directly to the photos because photobucket doesn't allow, but here's the gallery of photos i took around the shop using my then-current flip-phone. kinda hard to believe that smartphones have become so ubiquitous in such a short time...

http://s601.photobucket.com/user/jazngibzn/library/DMC?sort=3&page=1

Yummy best butter in the world "lurpak" from Denmark(y)

I see now and then some Danish product here. *rump has not close off for everything yet.

40779132_1293308017526437_3495897877643788288_n.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back