Pics that make you smile

not the first thing you think of, but it's how you feel after looking after them sometimes :p
Or how you feel simply being at the dealership to begin with... :mad::cautious:

Though I will say that this has been one of the least painful car-buying experiences I've ever had at a dealer. 90% of the waiting we've done has been caused by our own bank, not the dealer. But it's worth it since it's almost a full percentage point lower interest rate than the dealer could get, and being with our existing bank has its own benefits as well.

Now I get to figure out how to take apart the interior of a 2019 Kia Sorento to add a dashcam. No sunroof in this one, so the wiring may be a little different. If I'm lucky the wiring for a sunroof is already there so I can easily use that, but not counting on it.

One thing we noticed - it doesn't have a CD player! Not that we really use CDs anymore what with mp3s/Spotify/Pandora/etc... Makes sense of course, since it has Android auto, apple car play, regular Bluetooth and USB... Reminds me of when the iMac dropped the floppy drive way back when... And how most PCs now don't have CD/DVD anymore either.

49848592_10156204767711243_4057211031913496576_n.jpg

I hear that Mormons in Utah are learning Danish to go back to the old home land to preach that here.
Problem is while we are quite a free people in so many aspects, having several wife's are not on the Okay list, and they will find it damn hard to get the Danes to pick up that kind of living, that's actually why the was "forced" out if here and to the US to begin with.

Danes are "Christians" in the sense that most get baptised in a church and maybe confirmed as a teen, but when it come to going to church on a regular basis well not so much, and the fact we have a church tax ( if you are a member which i am not )
That's pretty embarrassing to me, and really to my just a good picture of how complacent and lazy we are, cuz why pay a tax for something you pretty much don't use, and it is after all around 450 USD annually or just shy of 1% of your income.

For me being a none member of the Official Danish church mean i can not get buried on a grave yard belonging to a church, which i couldent care less about, my plan are to get burned to a pile of ash, which i hope to get spread over international water, or at least not Danish water.

I live in Utah but I'm not a Mormon. The LDS church (Mormons) send people all over the world in an effort to convert as many people as possible. They are pretty easy to recognize while travelling as the men, usually young men, all wear dark suits with name tags and the women, usually young women, wear conservative but appealing outfits. They go pretty much everywhere with the exception of the places that cut your head off if you are not Muslim.

Polygamy is no longer practiced by the mainstream LDS church, that practice was halted more than a century ago, but there are quite a few fundamentalist Mormons that still practice it and there are entire communities that are run by them. Estimate run as high as more than 100,000 while the mainstream LDS is over 15M with most of them living outside the USA.

They are a funny lot and many in the Salt Lake City have Scandinavian roots. People not familiar with Mormons or the Salt Lake City area are surprised at how attractive many of them are -- blondness, real blondness, is common. They marry young and have a boat load of children.

Minnesota and Utah have the highest proportion of Scandinavian roots in the USA to my knowledge. So while they may or may not make inroads in Denmark, they sure seems to have a good many Danes in the SLC area that call themselves Mormons. The top exec at my last job was named Nils -- you don't get much more Scandinavian than that.

Brian

I know i was on thin ice with the polygamy here, that's why i put on the Christians in general bit.
Maybe if they do churches with free coffee and wifi they could lure in a few Danes, also i think there are plenty of churches for sale as they get closed down and parishes merge due to low attendance.

You can only see the illusion in this image if you shake your head back and forth.

I saw it immediately with no shaking. Maybe I'm a bit catatonic tonight :ROFLMAO:

Phil

You can just scroll the page up and down with the mouse wheel, that do the same to me at least.

if I scroll up and down quickly it looks like a cats head, (is that what it is? ) didn't see anything otherwise
That's what I'm seeing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back