Pics that make you smile

amBoq29_460s.jpg

Either this beer company's printer runs on its product, or they have a sense of humor :D
aVYbnMw_460s.jpg

a6OZrrb_460s.jpg

aer9jRO_460s.jpg

Once in my very misspent youth I almost stepped out of a car to jog alongside of it just for fun since I was going so slow. As I started to pull the door handle I glanced at the speedometer- 50MPH :eek: I very carefully drove straight home and never did that flavor of drug again. I was a daily nominee for Mr. Darwin's awards back then and I'm lucky that it didn't go further. No more of that nonsense ever again :cool:

Phil
Lucky for you it's probably just about impossible (or at least very difficult) to open the door at 50mph just because of the wind.

Cotton gin and i assume much more on wheels.

Yep, Ferd F250 if I remember right

A 1965 Ferd to be exact. The first year for "Twin I-Beam" suspension which is what the chrome emblem at the rear of the front fender indicates. 66 was a new body style, while 64 and older had a solid front axle. 63 had an optional "Unibody" where the cab and bed were not separate units but made as one, those are kind of rare. Wish I still had my 64 :cry:

Phil

Last week my brother was complaining about how cold it is in Wisconsin, where he lives. He said some things I can't repeat about the state. It was 9f with light winds that day. Today I checked the forecast and had to laugh. Apparently the state was offended by what he said.

View attachment 44394

I just can't fathom WILLINGLY living somewhere it ever gets that cold. Yeah it gets hot here, but as long as you have water and shade you won't die from it, unlike the cold. Some may disagree with me, but air conditioning in Texas is not as important as heat up north.

OTH, when its cold you can put on warmer clothes but when its hot you can only take off so much. How the hell people live in a furnace like Phoenix or many other places in the south (Texas) is beyond me.

Brian

My preferred attire would be T shirt on the cold days, bare chest on warm days, Bermuda shorts ( something short with pockets ) and that's pretty much it, maybe shoes if the ground are warm.
But it would also be nice to be in a place where you could go and take a dip in a ocean if you like to.

It is of course problematic to work in a environment like that, the times i have worked in such a environment, well no one expected a full 8 hour working day unless there was a break down, and then it was all hands on deck, so you could instigate a cool down rotation in the control room.
Cuz working in 40 - 50 degrees, that's not child's play its pretty dangerous., and actually under Danish work law temperatures around 32- 35 workers must have more breaks and a option to cool down.
But in day 2 day work standing temperatures must be 25 MAX 18 - 22 degree C recommended.
If relative air moisture go over 60% more breaks and a place to cool down are a right of the worker.
If the work force the worked to wear heavy clothes, the brakes must be more frequent and even longer.

We dont have siesta which was a little hard to explain to a Mexican that also worked where i did powder painting, and really that was not needed.
But at least i dident bully him like others did, actually i went and told them to lay off the guy, and then i demonstrated my meager grasp on the Mexican language and told him i n Mexican the other guys are so and so people.
And in return i learned a little more Mexican. :) and gained a friend.

Last edited:
A 1965 Ferd to be exact. The first year for "Twin I-Beam" suspension which is what the chrome emblem at the rear of the front fender indicates. 66 was a new body style, while 64 and older had a solid front axle. 63 had an optional "Unibody" where the cab and bed were not separate units but made as one, those are kind of rare. Wish I still had my 64 :cry:

Phil
You must be taking about that Fteenthousand video. Kamkar was asking about the truck in the crack head video. With the flat door handles and lack of dual rear wheels, that's how I determined it was an f250.

I try to follow the 7 virtues of Bushido.
bushido-virtues.jpg

Nope :)

On the other hand, really i would prefer to pay the salary of LEOs that can keep them self upright for a working day without needing a 12 gauge kickstand. :giggle:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back