Pics that make you smile

a1Q0no8_460s.jpg

The letter W in Danish are called Double V, double U have always been suspect to me too.

In German they have W but V pronounce nothing like that so saying VW in German don't get you a Vvvvvvvvveee sound, but here is the kicker its the V that pronounce nothing like us other guys would be able to recognize each others pronunciations of V
In German V pronounce like Fau maybe pfau, so VW is sort of "Fau vee" for outsiders, same with their word for people ( volk in German ) it pronounced like Folk for non Germans,,,, which funny enough is how you write people in Danish.

Rock - Paper - Scissors - Lizard - Spock, are more easy to loose on purpose ;)

MURICA !!!!!

53534468_1180738812099853_6635137315930898432_n.jpg

Somehow, I'm thinking that may actually look interesting with a bit more rounding on the nose. ^^^^^

Like a Cord, or Auburn.

img_8921.jpg

As it is it's like Ford tried to make a Lagonda, and ended up with a Latoya.

:rolleyes:

As it is it's like Ford tried to make a Lagonda, and ended up with a Latoya.

Some people still remember when Chevrolet and Toyota partnered together and created the small front wheel drive Nova.

Many properly referred to it as a Toyo-let...

Ford could have done worse.

Buick put a reversing camera in a car in 1956,,,,,, BUT ! it was a concept of theirs that dident even have a fuel tank.
Still that was 20 years or so before another brand finally put a reversing camera in a production car.
Off the drawing board or not, you got to respect trailblazers.

That 1936 Cord wasent that the first car with pop up headlights ? got to be close if it is not.

Like a Cord, or Auburn or Desoto

Desoto which i lovingly call the guys that came up with the beetle before the Nazis :)
DS10.jpg

Last edited:
Some people still remember when Chevrolet and Toyota partnered together and created the small front wheel drive Nova.

Many properly referred to it as a Toyo-let...

Ford could have done worse.
funny/sad thing about that was it was just a regular corolla with a chevy badge (and a lower price tag) on it. same for the difference between the corolla and geo prizm (also cheaper than corolla). geo metro was a suzuki swift with a geo badge, but i don't remember there being much of a price difference... but then again, it was already a very cheap car that got great gas mileage (my aunt's geo metro w/ 1.0L 3-cyl engine and 5spd manual got 61mpg highway!)

Same with what sell here as Chevolet now, i think they was called Daewoo before, really i always crack a smile when i see one of these anemic Chevrolet, cuz that proud US brand are something all together different in my book.

This one actually isn't a 'custom' but a very-low production car: a 1979 DiNapoli :rolleyes: They started with a new Buick Regal turbo V6, changed a few things, then charged an outlandish price for it. Similar to what Chrysler later did with the Neon-based PT Cruiser :LOL: but this one was done aftermarket. The 'cabin' part is totally stock Buick with the rest added on. The more you look at it, the more you'll understand why it flopped.

Phil

hehe i almost went with a brand new PT cruiser back in the day,,,,, now i am glad i dident.

Same with the Excalibur of the day.

I wouldent mind either of those,,,,, BUT ! with a Allison or Merlin airplane motor crammed in, and substantial upgraded handling and braking package.

Gearheads woulld be glad i whent with a Excalibur or the DINapoli, cuz even i would feel bad about tearing hard into a 1940ties classic packard or something like that in that way, even if i dident let the coachbuilder go too overboard on the body, but a little of what i call " Chip Foose" would be fine.

Something like this i wouldn't bind take a substantial bite of my lotto win.

Chip Foose is bringing life to a Cadillac sketch from 1935

1935-cadillac-by-chip-foose.jpg

Overhauling was one of my all time favorite TV programs, as it featured many things i am interested in like seeing craftsmen mash metal, and cars.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back