Pics that make you smile

IMHO there are no real pick-up trucks anymore :( Too much crap which will get broken when bumped into (or when you bump into something else), the interior isn't made for easy cleaning when 4 mud-laden hard-hat types ride home at the end of a workday, and when they say "half ton" it now means just that whereas it used to be more of a suggested load limit. But that kind of thing is what most buyers want now so that's what they make and sell :rolleyes:

A real truck can push-start your broken down buddy ahead of you without needing a body shop afterward. It can have the bed filled to spilling with gravel and drive like that for hours at highway speeds. It can be driven across a broken field so fast that it's airborne half of the time without anything bending, breaking, or rattling apart. It can take the abuse of a low-IQ angry employee venting his frustrations onj it while driving it without dying. It can have snowplows and trailers tacked on of insane sizes with no problems. It has durability placed well above fuel mileage in it's list of features. It may not be the most comfortable thing to drive but it can actually do a hard days work instead of just looking stylish (y)

Sorry folks, but nobody makes real pick-up trucks anymore and Tesla isn't going to either :cry:

Phil

Yeah the might was well change pickup to poserup, really not much of workhorse left in them today.

Interesting build!

My Tacoma is the first automatic transmission vehicle I've ever owned and it's tough as nails. I love it! And it gets better mileage (slightly) than the available manual. Automatics have come a long way.
Funny thing, the Rav4 v6 I replaced the Tacoma with is the first auto I've owned since about 2000. It has a smaller engine (3.5L) than the Tacoma and has 5 forward gears, but feels a lot faster in a straight line.

Wish I had about 40k and a ton of spare time on my hands...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303190887994Plus something like this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/273880664247Should make a nice mashup. Then sell the leftover Toyota and Tesla parts to make up some of the cost.

Those dirt paintings are pretty cool.

3.5 L engine that be in the dream territory for Most Danes, and often related to a V8 maybe the motors in Rovers licensed from,,,,,,, i cant remember.
2.0 liter 2.5 if you whent big, that was the name of the game when i was young, me i had one of the largest motors with the 1.8 L "B18 " in my Volvo 121 and i got a B20 for it too, and also pimped that motor and head + good, but never got to drop it in as money was tight and car got rammed from behind, so the B20 ended up as scrap iron.

Give me this volvo 121 estate, and i will get in it and only ever again go out of it to fill up gasoline.

Not a big fan of boosted cars, but damn that old Volvo really go :love:

bff7ea7454f568c14ac6c6d1f7bdc0c1.jpg

Speaking of ground clearance, I liked the part near the end of the TRUCKLA video where Simone Giertz says she's hoping to lift the suspension, at least "a little bit". I mean where do you find a girl who can handle an angle grinder and is into truck lift kits! :joyful:
I've seen a few hanging out around the dike shop, I mean bike shops and some really do need the extra travel of the custom shocks and springs;):cool:

Also a bit scary so ironic smile here, this picture from Greenland have been making rounds lately, ice on the fjords melting so fast this year it cant run off the ice fast enough, so you can go dog sledding on water.
Its not like its low tide, under the dogs paws and a thin sheet of ice you probably find many 100 M of deep cold water.
I think maybe sooner than people would like to, Greenland will live up to its name and be green in more places then the very southern parts the Vikings settled and named the place after.
Steffen_M_Olsen_Slaedehunde_i_smeltevand_Quanaaq_13062019.jpg

The Sirius patrol that roam around the Northern parts of Greenland for decades making sure no one ( thats you Putin ) forget who Greenland belong to.
Well those guys travel by slead on the ice for months ( also in the winter ) but maybe soon a ATV or something are a better solution, at least for the leisurely summer part of the year.

Good for China, and really it don't take quantum mechanics math to solve a lot of the worlds problems, just too bad no one seem to have a interest in fixing stuff, its like the world are a Iphone.

I just want to know how this works, how to make a deposit and how to make a withdraw, and what is the interest rate.

081a53c22874c22f1c240555c4280403.jpg

I am not all that sure it is a win - win banking connection.

BTW aside for Bank as we all understand it as the place where our money go or evaporate from, then in Danish Bank can also mean you hitting another person, just one more of those things making Danish hard to learn.
As with so many things it is a matter of context.
There is also the term " Bøllebank " , which mean you are hitting another person over the top violent, could translate to hoodlum beating, maybe several persons beating 1 person. Bølle meaning hoodlum.

Also for instance in gambling winning the pot, in Danish you would say ( translated ) blow up / explode the bank.

yes, we need 1.5 to 2 million calories per day, but the finishing statement is still true though - if you chug a gallon or 4L of gasoline (and somehow keep it down), you won't need to eat for the rest of your life. :p

You're a sick man Gibson, has anyone ever told you that! ;)

Brian

Well i am not amazed you have to put up a sign like that :rolleyes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back