Pics that make you smile

Say something about the state of Indian roads,,,,, TBH instead of rockets and what have you, they would be better off spending the money making the country better, so much potential there to be done for fairly small numbers of money.

It is not easy to help people, when they cant even ask the right questions :D

It is not easy to help people, when they cant even ask the right questions :D

Actually, the question asked appears to be, how many cubic feet are in an 80 lb bag of pre-mixed concrete? The answer is 2/3 cubic feet per 80 lb bag. It's really not all that dumb of a question but it is kind of a dumb answer.

I was thinking maybe he wanted to know how many Sq feet of say driveway he could pave, which are of course a fluid question as it depend on how thick a layer you put down.

My brain dident even get as far as cubic feet :cautious:

I liked the answer. If you had to deal with the people I do, you'd learn that this was not a case of ignorance, but stupidity :eek:

In my business most of the non-working people and half of the working people really know very little about what's going on, but they all think they're smart about it. They're more than happy to suggest things which they think my 45 years of paying attention tells me is wrong. Once in awhile I will coldly explain something to them in front of others to show why their ideas would fail and mine won't :p One or two of those sessions and they learn to leave me the he!! alone because I'm doing great without any input from them :cool:

And anyway it's true- there are no feet in that bag, and a yard is where the grass grows. I've never seen either in a cubic form- have you? :ROFLMAO:

Phil

And anyway it's true- there are no feet in that bag, and a yard is where the grass grows. I've never seen either in a cubic form- have you? :ROFLMAO:

Phil

I've done all kinds of concrete work on my rural property over the years. Most recently, I had a masonry crew here building several pilasters to buttress a 200+ year old stone retaining wall on the lower level of a barn that had developed a bulge. When the cement truck arrived they delivered the amount of concrete ordered in cubic yards as specified by my structural engineer who designed the pilasters. The invoice I received included the cubic yardage as well.

Last edited:
One thing i pondered much getting my first education was where measurements change from MM to,,,,,, whatever ( CM or M )

Of course on the lathe or other machines it was always MM or 1/10 or 1/100 or 1/1000 of a MM for the accurate stuff, but i spent much time in the other shops of the Railroad depot in Aarhus, and you don't say you need 3000 MM of so and so piece of steel pipe or metal, there you said 300 CM or 3 M.
So i never found out where the hand over point was, so i just used mm on anything under 1000 mm / 100 CM / 1 M, and then i used CM for the longer stuff ( and Meters in my head ) and kilo meters are just for geographical or other huge distances.

I never said i am 1900 MM tall, i always say i am 1.9 M tall, car physical size measurements are always in Meters i have noticed.

Sarcasm seems to escape some folks :(

I've formed for multiple hundreds of thousands of cubic yards of concrete and know more about it off the top of my head than most folks do. It's a far deeper and more complex subject than you would imagine ;) I do hope your wall endures but introducing rigid elements into old lime-mortared stonework can actually cause it to fail sooner and more catastrophically- another deeply complex subject which very few people understand well anymore since portland mortars are all that's been in use for well over 100 years, but weren't around 200 years ago. If it's a dry-stack wall you may be OK.

Can't say I'm deeply knowledgeable about cameras and computers and coding, but this is my bailiwick and I've a working lifetime of experience in it :cool:

Phil

I don't get those guys over there on the island.
So the people voted to leave EU, and as i see it the politicians just piss on the votes of the English people.
It actually look as if British politicians are more sleazebags than their Danish cousins.

It actually look as if British politicians are more sleazebags than their Danish cousins.
I think the way it works is the larger the population the more corrupt the government is, seems that way at least

Sarcasm seems to escape some folks :(

I've formed for multiple hundreds of thousands of cubic yards of concrete and know more about it off the top of my head than most folks do. It's a far deeper and more complex subject than you would imagine ;) I do hope your wall endures but introducing rigid elements into old lime-mortared stonework can actually cause it to fail sooner and more catastrophically- another deeply complex subject which very few people understand well anymore since portland mortars are all that's been in use for well over 100 years, but weren't around 200 years ago. If it's a dry-stack wall you may be OK.

Can't say I'm deeply knowledgeable about cameras and computers and coding, but this is my bailiwick and I've a working lifetime of experience in it :cool:

Phil

200+ years ago in colonial times they didn't do lime-mortared stone work for building foundations. My barn retaining walls, and my house for that matter were built using the dry stone/dry stack method. Many of the stones are massive and they would have been moved into place using teams of oxen or draft horses. It's amazing how well these old stone structures hold up actually.

They were more intimately familiar with what they were working with back then, and knew everything's characteristics even if they couldn't always scientifically explain them. Thus you got a better product than what most tradesmen today can give you even though we know more about it all.

Phil

There is a TV program here about a guy getting a old farm and rebuilding it, and do his farming ASO, been running for over decade now,
His new house are build with a lime / clay like motar and so not like the modern cement stuff, he have also been using creative old means of insulation, so the house are wired up with sensors as pretty much no one have build like this here for many 100 years,and they are going to comply with the strict Danish building code none the less.
The guy make most things him self from bricks to lime ASO, and use refurbished materials, and of course this house have a thatched roof too.

I wonder how the progression will be with the tesla model 3 botox upper lip

Cool pic of the ant :cool:

And a few days ago i was so close on commenting on a cute girl walking and talking loud on the phone,,,,, it is such a bad habit and so not classy.

Gojiraaaaaaa :eek:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back