Pics that make you smile

AmbitiousAccomplishedAntarcticgiantpetrel-size_restricted.gif
When people start making bloopers due to their assumptions I usually play them this song.

IMG_20190930_141442.jpg
Spotted this at a local lab (brought my son for some blood work). I guess the makers of this soap have never heard of a certain stinky fruit... Thankfully it smelled like normal soap.

Well, you could certainly say the same about quite a few aging musicians and celebrities.
Yeah I guess so, thankfully there aren't too many that try and stay relevant so far past their use by date, I never really minded him early on, just as the years have gone on that I have found him more annoying I think, he seems to get recycled every few years for whatever reason, slow news day maybe

Yeah I guess so, thankfully there aren't too many that try and stay relevant so far past their use by date, I never really minded him early on, just as the years have gone on that I have found him more annoying I think, he seems to get recycled every few years for whatever reason, slow news day maybe

He has a legacy to maintain. :smuggrin:

rotten.jpg

A few of those questions i have come up with myself.
Not least the "double-U"
At least we Danes come up with 3 extra letters instead, though they all look familiar Æ ( A and E merged ) - Ø ( O with a forvard slash thru it ) - Å ( A with a dot over it ), and we are kind enough to have 2 of those letter being words, Ø is Danish for a island and Å is Danish for river, though google translate only recognize Ø as island Å it just say is Å :p
Then again i can understand googles problems, cuz flod also means river in Danish, and if its strained out its a kanal ( canal / channel ) and if it is small ( by danish standards ) its a Bæk what google will probably translate to stream or brook / creek depending on which of the 2 major English mindsets you are in..
I am often wondering which Danish word mean the most different things.

Learn 1 Danish word ( Nå ) and be able to manage in 12 different situations, all depending on how you pronounce it, or combine it with another word.

12709042-facebook_n3.jpeg

BTW Nå is also to reach something, like "jeg kan ikke nå dig" / i can not reach you

Last edited:
There are many words in American English that have multiple definitions. The current #1 is the word 'run' with 645 meanings followed by 'set' with 430. Doesn't surprise me in the least that English is a difficult language to learn.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back