Pics that make you smile

And that boys and girls are why you always use the proper safety equipment for the job, cuz i can tell you from working a grinder and having a piece of material embedded in your eye for a few days are very frustrating, it is literally like having a grain of sand in your eye 24/7
And to take it out a eyedoctor have to poke it out with a scary big needle for the job, seriously i asked him are a ice pick really necessary.

Sounds like a condemnation actually, the exact opposite of a testimonial.
The above statement extolled the negative virtue of the product. Nothing says a virtue has to be positive in a testimonial.

From your link to testimonial...
"2. a formal statement of truth or fact" <-- This definition fits the review.

In promotion and of advertising, a testimonial or show consists of a person's written or spoken statement extolling the virtue of a product.

A negative virtue can be extolled as well as positive virtues in testimonials.

The above statement extolled the negative virtue of the product. Nothing says a virtue has to be positive in a testimonial.

From your link to testimonial...
"2. a formal statement of truth or fact" <-- This definition fits the review.

In promotion and of advertising, a testimonial or show consists of a person's written or spoken statement extolling the virtue of a product.

A negative virtue can be extolled as well as positive virtues in testimonials.

No, @country_hick, There is no such thing as a "negative virtue". That would be an oxymoron. A "virtue", by definition, is considered a positive aspect.

Also, to use your wikipedia example which you apparently didn't read or perhaps didn't quite comprehend:

"In promotion and of advertising, a testimonial or show consists of a person's written or spoken statement extolling the virtue of a product."

Virtue

vir·tue
(vûr′cho͞o)
n.
a. Moral excellence and righteousness; goodness.
b. An example or kind of moral excellence: the virtue of patience.
c. A particularly efficacious, good, or beneficial quality; advantage:

Extol

ex·tol
also ex·toll (ĭk-stōl′)
tr.v. ex·tolled, ex·tol·ling, ex·tols also ex·tolled or ex·toll·ing or ex·tolls
To praise highly; exalt. See Synonyms at praise. (glorify, exalt; acclamation, approbation, compliment; laud)

Testimonial

tes·ti·mo·ni·al
(tĕs′tə-mō′nē-əl)

n.

a. a recommendation of the character, ability, etc, of a person or of the quality of a consumer product or service, esp by a person whose opinion is valued.

Last edited:
It's a condemonial testimation :ROFLMAO:

With some things, their early ending is a virtue in itself ;)

Phil

2c13d16b03e21916c474e9edffc958c5.jpg

priorities - priorities :)
I would feel extremely uncomfortable if you put me inside a bus like i know them from my youth ( full ) at least here in Denmark with my strange discomfort with my fellow Danes.

But really it should be banned for people in major cities to have a car at home, they should have free and monitored parking outside of the town if they absolutely must have a car.
I know this sound extreme, but it is pretty much the only thing that will combat city congestion and poor air quality, with all the deceases that follow that.
On the other hand in a high tax country like Denmark, people living out in the countryside where you pretty much must have a car due to depopulation and no public transport, well they should get a substantial tax cut on their car, more so if its a environmentally correct car. ( small - hybrid - electric )

But politicians are stupid and will not do right., as we too have the amputated democracy,,,,,, meaning like the Greeks of old we don't have the option to ostracize the most incompetent politicians in annual elections.
Here you must of course secure your child in a child seat or with a sea belt if its a older child, but you can put your 2 great Dane dogs on the back seat, and that's actually legal, where most countries around you must of course secure your dog in the car too.
Stupid run the game here.

priorities - priorities :)
I would feel extremely uncomfortable if you put me inside a bus like i know them from my youth ( full ) at least here in Denmark with my strange discomfort with my fellow Danes.

But really it should be banned for people in major cities to have a car at home, they should have free and monitored parking outside of the town if they absolutely must have a car.
I know this sound extreme, but it is pretty much the only thing that will combat city congestion and poor air quality, with all the deceases that follow that.
On the other hand in a high tax country like Denmark, people living out in the countryside where you pretty much must have a car due to depopulation and no public transport, well they should get a substantial tax cut on their car, more so if its a environmentally correct car. ( small - hybrid - electric )

But politicians are stupid and will not do right., as we too have the amputated democracy,,,,,, meaning like the Greeks of old we don't have the option to ostracize the most incompetent politicians in annual elections.
Here you must of course secure your child in a child seat or with a sea belt if its a older child, but you can put your 2 great Dane dogs on the back seat, and that's actually legal, where most countries around you must of course secure your dog in the car too.
Stupid run the game here.
It would suck even worse than it does now for those stuck living in a city if having a car was denied them.
I live where public transportation does exist. However, it only comes by 2 or 3 times on weekdays, is picky about who its users are, and is big yellow, with flashing red lights up high. Even worse the only place it takes people is to a school. A car and the expenses involved is mandatory.

Yeah public transport will have to be reinvented, what we have now will not be able to cope with such a massive change.
School buses here are all but gone, actually some kids go to school in a taxi pain for by tax money, but for the greater part i think kids find their own way in school, either walking or on cycle.

In my birth town the #2 largest town here, bus routes have been disrupted massive, lines have changed, even the numbers have changed.
My old neighborhood use to be served mainly by the number 4 route, but number 4 don't even get near to where i grew up, the route are still there but have another number now for some strange reason.
But to my old eyes it do look as if there are less of the big yellow buses in town, but we just gotten a light rail system instead that tie in the rural towns much better.
There are also talks about banning traffic in the town center, but it will probably end up like other EU towns banning older diesel cars ASO.

Just since 2009 there have been a increase in cars here by 17.5% there are 420 private cars here for every 1000 Danes, the average in EU are 500 private cars for every 1000 people.

number of cars here over the years. Mio cars / year
1570854773124.png

If you live downtown or in the greater part of Aarhus here i was born, a cycle are by far the smartest means of transport, even during none rush hour times of the day, and many Danes do also use the cycle much even if they also have a car.
The 1.8 million people in our capitol do about 500 million bicycle rides every year, most fairly short like 1 - 2 mi ,1 in 4 take a train in to town, then jump on a bicycle for the rest of the journey to work.
51% of all commutes in the capitol under 10 KM in length was made on bicycle, some hard core people will bicycle 20 - 30 km to and from work every day all year.
The 22 municipalities around the capitol have 28 main bicycle paths ( super cycle paths ) for a total length of 467 km ( 290 mi ), and that's just the main bicycle paths, add the regular ones and that number will be much larger.

Of course for Americans that cycle thing are a pretty new thing, and towns are generally not geared for it, here we Euro boys or many of us at least are leagues ahead.

Last edited:
Of course for Americans that cycle thing are a pretty new thing, and towns are generally not geared for it, here we Euro boys or many of us at least are leagues ahead.

Bicycles are a very old thing in the U.S.A.. Roads good enough for cars to use existed only because of bicycle users demanding better roads in the late 1800's. Using bicycles now is not that common. However, bicycle lanes are being put into the roads. In a milder climate with a strong young body I would not object to using a bicycle for 5 mile trips. Rides of more than 5 miles (.62 miles= 1km) take to long. The hills here ensure you walk uphill while pushing your bike. One hill I drive up and down often is fairly steep and is about 1 mile long. It might be fun going down but is not fun going to the top in an underpowered machine or on a bicycle.

One hill I drive up and down often is fairly steep and is about 1 mile long. It might be fun going down but is not fun going to the top in an underpowered machine or on a bicycle.
That is why bicycles have electric assist these days, cycling up a 1 mile hill is now easy.

I know this sound extreme, but it is pretty much the only thing that will combat city congestion and poor air quality,
Cars will become pollution free within 2 decades, air quality will not be an issue. And I noticed that your country managed to go a full 24 hours on 130% wind power for your electricity generation recently. https://en.energinet.dk/About-our-news/News/2019/09/23/Wind-turbines-cover-power-demand-for-24-hours

Last edited:
Bicycles have always been a big thing where I live, partly because we are home to a world class racing team and because touring is really popular. Since it is the very height of New England Fall foliage season here at the moment the area is crawling with tourists and cyclists enjoy the colorful leaves. Several dozen cyclists came by my house today on a huge tour that winds through back country roads for 30-60 miles depending on what you sign up for.

Over the years there's been an explosion in people using bicycles for everyday transportation, even when they commute from rural locations like where I live into the local urban town. One reason is the increasing popularity of electrically assisted bikes but the other is the fast growing popularity of cargo bikes (both electic and manual). With a cargo bike you can transport groceries, packages, tools or anything else you may want. It's become very common to see parents with one or two kids on their cargo bikes and I see a lot of remarkably fit older people cruising around out in the middle of nowhere on their fancy high tech touring and cargo bicycles. Fat tire bike are becoming very common as they are very useful if you want to travel on the dirt and gravel roads around here on your way to do some shopping in town. I've even seen a few intrepid souls riding knobby fat tire cargo bikes in the middle of winter!

fatcargo.jpg

cargo1.jpg

cargo3.jpg

cargo5.jpg

cargo4.jpg

Cars won't ever be "pollution-free"- there's always going to be pollution in their making, use, and disposal. The best we can achieve is to alter the forms and amounts of pollution being made. Wind and solar energy are touted as solutions but suffer similar problems, and they alter our environment in different ways which we really don't know the effects of yet. Bicycles aren't very usable as general transportation in many places- mostly possible only in urban areas with somewhat moderate climates and few hills.

The real solution lies in changing how we live and work and consume, and almost nobody will willingly accept those changes from the super-convenient and easy world we live in today. I won't give up my computer, foods from thousands of miles away, radio and TV etc until they pry them from my cold dead hands :rolleyes: I'll bet everyone else here feels the same way ;) We're dooming ourselves in the end, but that end ain't here yet and probably won't be here before I die so I'm OK with it :cool:

Phil

Yeah it will be good when emissions are not that big problem of cars, but if the numbers of then keep going up then major towns will sill have their work cut out for them.
Every time i go down on a 1/3 gallon jug of orange juice i feel a little bad, no oranges grow anywhere near where i live, so they have a high transport load.

I think we Danes as a old agricultural society, we will probably have to turn down exports down and just grow what we need, and there are talks about repossessing large farm areas ( 1 / 3 of it ) to plant trees.
We just had a plant 1 million trees campaign that went well though they dident get all the way to 1 million trees but darn close.
Now a million trees, that's not a lot in the big picture, but its actually not that bad for a little country like Denmark, and we also need it as so much of this little country have been put under the plow.

BUT ! yeah we are also pushing a lot of changes ahead of us that really we should have started with a long time ago, and i always say kids today they got the full right to urinate on the graves of their forefathers, cuz we are close to where procrastination things are no longer a option.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back