Pics that make you smile

If i was MP i would not drive a LUX car and have a driver, with what they ask of the rest of uss that's just an outrage in my book, it would have to be public transport for me.
Our PM would ride a bicycle if he was allowed to, but he is not allowed to!

He got a second hand fossil fueled Yamaha TTR 125 last christmas.

Can almost drive a tractor:

Struggled with a bus:

Likes a JCB:

Has driven a Formula E car:

And loves a tandem:

Must be a few smiles in that lot!

I remember that TG episode with Boris.
Also he is not getting any speed tickets in that Formula E racer :)

Boris should change the law then if he like to bicycle, something a lot of Danish MP's do too, but not our PM as far as i know.
PM or not he too are not indispensable, if he fell victim of a madman, i assume society would take its revenge thru the courts on said madman.

Boris should change the law then if he like to bicycle,
Don't worry, today he invested £5 billion in cycle lanes and zero carbon busses.

"On cycling, Mr Johnson promised to create "hundreds of miles" of new cycle paths and plans to make cycling safer in towns by expanding projects dubbed "mini Holland" schemes. The aim of creating "low-traffic neighbourhoods" outside of London is part of government plans to double rates of cycling by the 2025."

Nice. it really make no sense to have a car in every major town for each apartment / house there, Copenhagen are bad, but if so many over there dident use the bicycle it would be hell on earth.
I wish i was able to cycle more, but i cant do it for pleasure anymore, and i cant use it for travel as i am so remote from everyone i like to see now and then.
And i am also weak now i would need a E - cycle
And even on a E - cycle say i could maintain its legal top speed of 25 kmh, it would take me 1.5 hour to visit anyone, and that's just the out time, home would be the same, and cycling for 3 hours in a day i am sure would leave me dead in a ditch soon.

yesterday i was at the DIY store to pick up some ALU for my computer build, after that i squatted down to look for a LED replacement for the CCFL bulp in my desk lamp, and though i only squatted down for 1 minute or less, i was barely able to get up again, only cuz i had the 2 X 1 M long pieces of 2 mm 90 deg angle alu did i get up without help.
Really its sort of embarrassing how weak not least my knees are now, when i was fit i would leg press 120 KG with ease and dead lift 150 KG, today it seem just carrying my own weight is a issue,,,, though it is also substantially more than it was back when i was fit.

Any negative comments or insults regarding a politician, political party or political philosophy will be deleted.
Best bet is to avoid off topic political discussions at all since the primary purpose of the forum is dash cams.
Is it acceptable to say

I love politician A or political idea #3 because... ?

I can see where that is probably outside the rules but am not sure if it is.
I would assume that not allowing others to give opposite opinions would remove this type of banter.

While that may not be inflammatory (unless it is written sarcastically), seems it could lead to the same problematic discussion. Would suggest avoiding political commentary in general. Will monitor how it goes and adjust as necessary.

@DashCamMan I just had a dream where you deleted this thread and several others in the forum, in a " major overhaul" as you called in my dream.
But i hope it don't require that much work.

Besides people should also know where you are, this if off topic
To me its a little like walking into a port side bar frequented by sailors and dock workers, and be hell bend on only talking fine wine - best school for your kids and which Rolls Royce to get.
Still no matter what and where you must talk nice to people, and always remember this is the internet so really there are no reason to go into a heated debate over anything, the faster you can realize you do not agree with the other part and move on to something else the better.
I can tell for sure that if i was not able to do that, well then i would not have my one friend cuz we disagree on a lot of things, and as i see it it is always me who have to back down.
But that do not make me subservient to my friend, he actually say that's one of the things he like about me, is that i am just as headstrong as he is so we quickly agree to disagree, and move on.

Also you could be engaging a person who have English as his 2 language, and while he may appear to be good at it, i can tell everyone that some times i use 10 point English words, and often i have misunderstood their meaning or use them in the wrong context, you just don't see that often as i mostly catch the mistake before i hit post reply,,,,,,, or i see it right after it have gone up and i hurry to edit or rephrase.

I can also understand the English speaking and writing people, that other people raping their language got to be annoying, i know i get that way myself when i read a newspaper and it have spelling errors in it.
But again you cant loose context here, so just suck it up and move on.

Funny thing,,,,, yes its those zany Danes and their weird language again.

So back in the day the trains cuffing over the American Prairie was fitted with a so called cowcatcher in the front, this is called a kofanger in Danish ( ko = cow / fanger = catcher )
But here is the funny thing, Danes to this day still call a cars bumper a "kofanger" though no car was ever designed to bump cows out of the way, but of course the bumper in the old days was meant to catch those little bumps in between cars.
And today, well cars don't really have bumpers just a sleek piece of plastic that's more there for the aerodynamics and look, and nobody it seem get any little bumps,,,, and mind you little bumps that are more severe now that cars are made of foil instead of good old sheet metal.
And now i hear skandinavians are in uproar on social media over some commercial from SAS airlines. :)

Sometimes i sigh so hard my computer monitor almost fall over backwards and onto the floor.

Last edited:
So back in the day the trains cuffing over the American Prairie was fitted with a so called cowcatcher in the front, this is called a kofanger in Danish ( ko = cow / fanger = catcher )
I think that is a British word, the device was invented in 1838 by Charles Babbage due to a problem with cows on the world's first intercity railway, the Liverpool and Manchester Railway (L&M). He also invented the digital computer, the black box recorder and renewable energy as a replacement for coal!

And now i hear skandinavians are in uproar on social media over some commercial from SAS airlines. :)
Not a bad advert, if only they had imported some less depressing music, at least for the end part, and maybe used the word "almost"!

I know Babbage of course, in this part of the world he is hard to get around if you are into engineering and invention
And its not cuz of some Hollywood movie, but rather good informative TV ( the way TV should be )
But it is of course not a encyclopedic knowledge of him i have, in matters like that my brain do its own thing.

BTW the Agency that made the commercial for SAS, well they got a bomb threat and the whole street had to be cleared,,,,, for nothing, cuz that's how we Danes operate. :rolleyes:

BTW the Agency that made the commercial for SAS, well they got a bomb threat and the whole street had to be cleared,,,,, for nothing, cuz that's how we Danes operate. :rolleyes:
Do the Danish see it as an attack on Denmark?
I normally think of Denmark as being the other side of the water and part of the EU, so wasn't really including it as a target for the advert! Maybe you consider yourselves as much Scandinavian as the Norwegians who claim to have invented the paperclip?

The message was:
We are proud of our Scandinavian heritage. Many of the things we call Scandinavian today was brought here and refined by curious, open-minded and innovative Scandinavians. Travelers bring home great ideas.
which seemed reasonable.

Who really invented the paper clip: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_clip#History

I think a lot of Danes think their country are "all that" but that's also not a unique thing for us, so with a attitude like that and with current norms well then they must lash out with outrage,,, and as the bomb scare indicated with violence too, cuz i think a bomb scare are that, its surely treated as that and so it should be.
It maybe a result of the current fab with violently or at least with vigorous outrage attack anything that you do not agree with, politicians do it - vegans - terrorists do it and all other manner of people do it.
I just know my Country are not what many think it are, and surely not what it could be if we wasent so damn soft and liberal.

Similar a tattoo shop was blown up last night, and police think its foul play,,,,,, the shop probably catering to what some people think are the wrong people,,,, maybe not paying protection money as that's a thing now here with all the wonderful cultural enrichment.

2cc7fdf235a73f7e9041531e560f544ff94a8e5b.jpg

Fair warning.
tumblr_obitq9d3hx1t0gs1do1_540.jpg

c8203f4451a9a7eb83ae39a3b74225a0fbe8886d.jpg

Especially that last pic :ROFLMAO:

I'm well known for responding to the question of "How are you doing?" with the reply "I don't know, let me ask my psychiatrist." The reactions I get to see are priceless :love:

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back