picture in picture problem

CRS 123

Reaction score
Country
United States
OS 10.13.2 Latest dashcam viewer. Size of the rear camera( while in picture and picture mode) became elongated with a weird ratio. when i moused over it to change the size the strange view ratio was still there. I accidentally moused it off the picture view, and now it is gone forever. I can switch from back to front camera, but now no picture in picture. I've restarted everything and nothing changes. What gives?
CRS

I got to say.....it's frustrating having only one option for picture in picture playback as far as software goes!!!!!!!

I have been having trouble with DCV on Windows. Initially, it played only the first video and PIP worked for that but GPS info was missing. It didn't let me me play the rest. When I selected an individual file instead of the folder, it refused to play as the folder contains files for 2 channel videos.

I then reset the DC to factory defaults, updated date and time, speed unit to kmh, reformatted the card and recorded another video. Now the front channel alone was played by DCV, however the GPS info seemed to work. When attempting to play the rear cam footage separately, DCV complained that the files need to be renamed to remove B at the end of the file name for dual cam footage. Frustrating.

Yeah.
Hopefully as people buy more and more dual cameras there will also be more and more players that can fully support them.
But i got to say i have no personal use for PIP playback, only in sharing and then i can easy do that in my post production software.
Actually i dont really use dashcam players, most times i just use the player in my windows 10.

I am sure SG are working hard to get some form of player they maybe able to bundle with their cameras or if not at least recommend for use with their cameras.

Uhhggg...to top it off, after updating the dashcam viewer it ate my registration key!! I don't have the email with the key.

Yeah.
Hopefully as people buy more and more dual cameras there will also be more and more players that can fully support them.
But i got to say i have no personal use for PIP playback, only in sharing and then i can easy do that in my post production software.
Actually i dont really use dashcam players, most times i just use the player in my windows 10.

I am sure SG are working hard to get some form of player they maybe able to bundle with their cameras or if not at least recommend for use with their cameras.
Quicktime and VLC work very well and are free. No PIP, but I agree with @kamkar1 I can live without it as long as playback is smooth. Dashcam Viewer falls far short in that area judging from my experience.

UPDATE: Got picture in picture back....and I agree it's no big deal with or without...I still have both front and rear files that can be played. But....i found the receipt for payment, so I'm hoping john will send another reg key :)
CRS

OS 10.13.2 Latest dashcam viewer. Size of the rear camera( while in picture and picture mode) became elongated with a weird ratio. when i moused over it to change the size the strange view ratio was still there. I accidentally moused it off the picture view, and now it is gone forever. I can switch from back to front camera, but now no picture in picture. I've restarted everything and nothing changes. What gives?
CRS

CRS, just double-click in the movie window and the PiP window aspect ratio will reset itself (or click the Reset View button in the toolbar).

I also PM'd you regarding your registration code.

John
http://dashcamviewer.com

Back