Picture quality Blackvue DR750S-2CH vs. Viofo A129 Duo

Dacug

Reaction score
Country
Germany
There are reports on the web that imply that the Blackvue DR750S-2CH was worse than the Viofo A129 Duo.

I understand that the Viofo has a far better price / performance ratio than the Blackvue.
But if you don't look at the price, and consider the picture quality only:
Is the picture of the Blackvue DR750S-2CH worse than the picture quality of the Viofo A129 Duo?
Or is it equal?

They both seem to use a Sony Starvis sensor. Does that mean that differences between the two are caused by the firmware alone?

Is the picture of the Blackvue DR750S-2CH worse than the picture quality of the Viofo A129 Duo?
yes, Blackvue don't have great video quality

They both seem to use a Sony Starvis sensor. Does that mean that differences between the two are caused by the firmware alone?

firmware is a part of it, the Blackvue uses a different processor also though so there's only so much they can do in firmware

If the ultimate in pic/vid quality is your goal, then neither of these cams will take you there. The processors and system approaches used in dashcams are at their limits, so no multiple channel cam can be the best, only one better than another, and even then that can be conditional such as day vs night, slow car speeds vs fast, and so on. Then there are other factors such as reliability and what features you need to have.

So IMHO best vids between these two goes to Viofo but that alone may not make it the best choice for you overall. Only you can decide that ;)

Phil

I had made for myself a list with "must have" points beforehand, which e.g. included:
- Dual cam, sufficient picture of the rear when the car is parked
- No 4k camera, as they all seem to have issues
- Open http / rstp API access
- Capacitors
- Support for 256 Gb SD cards at least
- Wifi Station mode
- 140 degree FoV
- stability and reliability

After this list of my must haves, only the Blackvue DR750S-2CH and the Viofo A129 Duo seemed to be left.
That's why I had asked which one of the two have the better picture.
Now that everyone agrees on the Viofo having a better picture than the Blackvue, I'll probably buy that one.

Back