Pittasoft BlackVue DR500GW-HD English Firmware

sunnyday

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I just purchased the DR500GW and it came with the Korean firmware.
Would anyone know where I can download the English firmware please?

Thanks

I have the English version and from what I can tell it comes linked to the serial number , was going to post it but not the case now .

It is strange to have in it the serial number. You downloaded the firmware from the camera? :eek:
And if it is available somewhere on the internet even with entering the users serial number that link should be public.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
It is strange to have in it the serial number. You downloaded the firmware from the camera? :eek:
And if it is available somewhere on the internet even with entering the users serial number that link should be public.

enjoy,
Mtz

enjoy what? the frustration hehe
not sure what you mean by using the serial number
care to explain?

Don't think you quite understood me , put my sd card I and it downloaded the firmware onto the sd card , when I had a look at te firmware it contains the serial number of my dr500 ....

From where did you downloaded the firmware? What is the size of that firmware?

enjoy,
Mtz

I have the European version dr500 with English firmware already installed on the device ...

Hi sunnyday,

I don't have a copy of the firmware. You may have to wait until Pittasoft decides to release. As a side note, please do not post the same message multiple times in multiple threads. I have deleted the other posts.

I recently contacted Pittasoft asking about the English firmware and explaining how I have the Korean firmware and below is a copy of their reply:

Dear Sir,

Regrettably, in our sales policy, we cannot provide any warranty service including F/W changing or upgrading for the products which are purchased through all of the unauthorized global on-line markets(www.amazon.com and www.ebay.com etc..) and illegal parallel exports. (If it is with Korean voice guide, it must be a illegally purchased product.) Sorry for that..!!

Thank you..

Best Regards,
Pittasoft Co., Ltd.
\
tel 82-2-6947-4670(ext.132) / fax 82-2-6947-4694 / mobile 82-10-9289-9777

I purchased mine from 'ohmyblackbox.com'
If you go to Pittasoft's website and check the authorized dealers you will note Korea doesn't have one.

This has blown my mind!

hope this helps.
what have we learnt here today >> not worth trying to save money << find an authorized dealer and pay the extra

Last edited by a moderator:
And the difference between the korean and the english are just korean voices for the actions of the camera?

In the firmware for the voice files they are using english names. So if you really want to know what is saying that voice you can try to listen these english named files from the firmware. :lol:

Russians are working on the russian version.

For other people the best is to find a user like Bulky which can offer the firmware. I don't think the SN is inside the firmware but in some external files.
If the SN is in the firmware I can't see how the upgrade will be possible when downloading the firmware from the official site. The official site doesn't know what camera you have.
Here is the firmware downloaded from their site. I don't have a Blackvue so if inside that download is a serial number, then for sure it is not mine.

enjoy,
Mtz

I sent another email to PItasoft asking about English firmware and this is what they said:

As spoken already in the previous e-mail dated on Jan. 28, we cannot give you any warranty and maintenance support against the parallel exported and unauthorized products through was sold on all of global on-line markets. So, you have to ask the replacement or refund to the seller or shop where you purchased. FYI, we are providing only English version’s products to all of our distributors and resellers so far.

(Regrettably, in our sales policy, we cannot provide any warranty service including F/W changing or upgrading for the products which are purchased through all of the unauthorized global on-line markets(www.amazon.com and www.ebay.com etc..) and illegal parallel exports. (If it is with Korean voice guide, it must be a illegally purchased product.) Sorry for that..!!)

Thank you..

Best Regards,
Pittasoft Co., Ltd.
tel 82-2-6947-4670(ext.132) / fax 82-2-6947-4694 / mobile 82-10-9289-9777
E-mail: leese@pittasoft.com / homepage: www.pittasoft.com www.blackvue.co.kr
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Blackvuelife
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/BlackVue
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Blackvuelife
MSN decentjohnlee@hotmail.com / Skype johndecent
Address BYC HIGH CITY A-7th floor, 371-17, Gasan-dong, Geumcheon-gu, Seoul, 153-803, Korea

so it is definitely confirmed, any product purchased that does NOT have the English firmware was illegally purchased.
Russain, Korean or any other language did NOT come from Pittasoft!
Contact them yourselves if you wish....

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand where they're coming from as far as making agreements with resellers and trying to do the right thing for those they've made agreements with to not have them get undercut, some of the resellers sell at pretty high prices though so can see why consumers look elsewhere, to be fair though a lot of customers are probably none the wiser and just purchase without knowing they'll have this problem afterwards, frustrating for the end user I'm sure when the manufacturer just turns them away, that's the business model they've chosen though I guess and whether they suffer long term remains to be seen

Hi Im a new member but have several Blackvue cameras.

I bought a 500 off a Korean seller and am having the same trouble.

However I have got a copy of the Blackvue folder of an English version camera and here is what I have found so far.

I copied the folder onto my 32gig card and put it in the Korean version camera.

No sound so left it for 10 minutes, took card out and put it in computer.

It played fine with all functions in the English version of the Blackvue viewer.

Had audio on it as well, could hear car radio and me yelling at someone outside.

The Wifi works as well.

Watched video on I phone OK.

Havent taken car out of garage so waiting to see if GPS hooks up Ok but no reason why it shouldnt.

Only thing is not sure if maps will come up as English or Korean names on it

May be able to swap the map files over from other card Will wait and see

On reflection I realise it hasnt changed the firmware at all. Has just altered the config files which has turned the sound off because it can find the correct language

Hillbilly said:

maps are pulled down locally so can't see why they'd be anything other than English

mitsui said:
Hi Hillbilly~

Would you upload the english version folder to somewhere else?

If someone can tell me where the speech files are and I get it working I will

ATM i can get all English and no sound as in warning or just Korean warnings.

Need to know how to get either the English speech onto the Korean card or Vice Versa

I realise now that this only changes the Config files on the card and so does nothing with the firmware which is obviously stored in the chip.

Until someone gets hold of a copy of the English firmware nothing will be able to be done unfortunately

Hillbilly said:
Hi Im a new member but have several Blackvue cameras.

I bought a 500 off a Korean seller and am having the same trouble.

However I have got a copy of the Blackvue folder of an English version camera and here is what I have found so far.

I copied the folder onto my 32gig card and put it in the Korean version camera.

No sound so left it for 10 minutes, took card out and put it in computer.

It played fine with all functions in the English version of the Blackvue viewer.

Had audio on it as well, could hear car radio and me yelling at someone outside.

The Wifi works as well.

Watched video on I phone OK.

Havent taken car out of garage so waiting to see if GPS hooks up Ok but no reason why it shouldnt.

On reflection I realise it hasnt changed the firmware at all. Has just altered the config files which has turned the sound off because it can find the correct language

When I emailed Pittasoft they replied with this

Dear Customer,

This is ******* ****** from Pittasoft.

Blackvue is not able to be upgraded to other language.

The firmware is encrypted, so there is no way to change.

This is our policy to prevent to be distributed domestic products to abroad.

We are sorry to inform that your unit is produced as Korean version for domestic market.

It might be distributed by unauthorized reseller.

As you purchased it from unofficial routes, the unit is not able to receive warranty service.

Please contact the shop where your friend purchased.

Bulky said:
Don't think you quite understood me , put my sd card I and it downloaded the firmware onto the sd card , when I had a look at te firmware it contains the serial number of my dr500 ....

It only loads the config files onto the SD card The firmware is in the chip in the camera.

I purchased from ebay from a korean seller and it came with english language etc on it

if I can assist you in any way to get it, I will try,

It is great if you have english voices on it.
Try to ask the seller if the can send to you the english firmware to have it as a backup.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back