Pittasoft Blackvue DR500GW-HD

Some pics of the DR500GW-HD compared to the DR400G-HD II.

Thanks for the comparison! I can now clearly see that DR500GW-HD is larger than its predecessor.

But, I am stilling looking to find exactly where I can make a purchase of this item. I am in the U.S.

Hi nunz,

They are only available in Korea now. Some people have been ordering them via Korean sellers directly but they are not available on eBay or any other popular / trustworthy sales channel.

Thank you, DashCamMan, for a definitive answer in availability.

Considering what appears to be a lot of interest in this new product from outside of Korea, I am surprised that the company Pittasoft does not have in place a web-based ordering system of their own.

According to what I read at Blackvueusa.co, they are an official dealer in the US. I wrote to them about the availability of DR500GW-HD in the US. But, I have never heard back from them.

To your knowledge, is BlackVueUSA the only authorized dealer in the US?

Bought 12/19/2012 on ohmyblackbox.com with delivery via EMS - $ 249
Photo contents of the box:
www.ebay_forum.ru_phpBB2_uploads_monthly_01_2013_post_146714_0_12061600_1357370615_thumb.jpg

Matchbox for scale :)

Can we do an IP lookup on w_f?

Something tells me he's from Korea.

I'm not from Korea. :lol:
I am from Russia.
We have a forum about BlackVue DR500GW-HD.
I found the manual in English on your forum and decided to share information with you.

When I first tried to purchase the DR400G two ebay seller refunded my money. I was told by one seller that PIttasoft was cracking down on unauthorized resellers. I finally found an ebay seller that had them in stock. Last month I was able to find the newer II model on amazon for $250.
For whatever reason I don't think PIttasoft cares for the US market so I think I"m going to start looking at other brands.

w_f is from Moscow, Russia as per the IP. Also it appears that some Russians have successfully ordered and received the DR500GW-HD from ohmyblackbox.com. They are starting to post reviews as well, which is great since we will get more info on this camera.

w_f, what are your thoughts on the camera?

DashCamMan, I liked the camera. I recommend to buy.
Very handy feature wi-fi.
Solved the problem with the heating.
Now do not need to do so :)
dashcamtalk.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_09_Blackvue_DR400G_HD_II_Drill_Mic_4.jpg

Firmware only with Korean voice, but I think firmware will soon be updated.

Sorry bout that w_f.

I just thought it was a vendor trying to create a positive review about their own site.

Glad you like the camera. A wifi option would definitely be something that would interest me.

Dashcamman: You would probably know more about the warranty. Do these Pittasoft cameras have a 90-day US warranty?

I was going to wait for eBay then add Square Trade warranty for my DR500GW-HD but I contacted Square Trade and they said the following:

"... the item that is purchased should have at least a 90 day US manufacturer's warranty on it for it to be eligible for a Squaretrade warranty."

I'm thinking Pittasoft really doesn't offer US warranty only the reseller is offering a 1 year warranty "on good faith" but we would have to ship back to Korea.

So I'm thinking of buying from ohmyblackbox can't wait for eBay. :)

Trollcifer, If I read this - I thought same :)
dv8ed, we have a lot of guys who bought a camera from Shelley.
Need to write a letter to any address: libertykorea@daum.net ; shelley.world@hotmail.com ;iamshelley@paran.com
They expose the invoice, and you pay through paypal.
Their prices: BlackVue DR400G-HD II (195 $), BlackVue DR500GW-HD (249.99 $)
For the EMS need to pay 15$, but it is better to clarify in the letter.
Guarantee one year.
Seller verified.

dv8ed said:
Dashcamman: You would probably know more about the warranty. Do these Pittasoft cameras have a 90-day US warranty?

I was going to wait for eBay then add Square Trade warranty for my DR500GW-HD but I contacted Square Trade and they said the following:

"... the item that is purchased should have at least a 90 day US manufacturer's warranty on it for it to be eligible for a Squaretrade warranty."

I'm thinking Pittasoft really doesn't offer US warranty only the reseller is offering a 1 year warranty "on good faith" but we would have to ship back to Korea.

So I'm thinking of buying from ohmyblackbox can't wait for eBay. :)

Hi dv8ed,

Technically these eBay cameras come with 1 year manufacturers warranty. If something goes wrong it is worth a try to see if Pittasoft will cover it. Unfortunately, they may opt not to cover it under warranty as per other user experiences. As far as SquareTrade is concerned, this camera does come with 1 year manufacturer warranty.

Here are some internal pictures of the DR500GW-HD, fresh from Russia (click to see full size).

During disassembly, note the screw.
It can be seen in this photo
www.ebay_forum.ru_phpBB2_uploads_monthly_01_2013_post_146714_0_47967600_1358187511_thumb.jpg

It must be removed, but it is under a glass box labeled blackvue.
Do not know how to best remove it.

DashCamMan said:
Hi dv8ed,

Technically these eBay cameras come with 1 year manufacturers warranty. If something goes wrong it is worth a try to see if Pittasoft will cover it. Unfortunately, they may opt not to cover it under warranty as per other user experiences. As far as SquareTrade is concerned, this camera does come with 1 year manufacturer warranty.

DashCamMan: This is good news for me, I'll wait for an eBay listing since it clearly states "even if there's no USA manufacture warranty" SquareTrade will still cover it.
http://pages.ebay.com/warranty/squaretrade.html

I'll hold off from purchasing through 3rd party online website since the SquareTrade rep says they won't cover it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Korean firmware v1.003K for the DR500GW-HD is now available on the BlackVue site. (Download with Internet Explorer). Seems to come with the PC player and Mac player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back