Plastic melted in heat

when parked the vehicle in sunlight you'd better not connect the camera with hardwire kit for 24*7 full time reording.
when the air temprature is 40C the vehicle inside temp will be 80C after hour and the camera inside temp will be more than 110C even higher, which will melt plastic which can only endure 100C.
if you hardwired it to ACC or use the supplied cigar charger, this will not happen.

and the high temperature condition will kill other eletronic coponents also.

Hello,

my camera was connectetd to acc but recording was alway stopped wen the engine is off. My plastic body was melted and camera mounting foot was twisted. It was september sun in northern europe.
Could you help me @Rayman.Chan please?

Last edited:
It would be nice if the housings could be made of metal. That would prevent melting and also act as a heat sink.

It is a shame, because the later Mini series dash cams produce good quality video day and night. The only let down is that the case warps in heat.

Maybe the manufactures can simply improve on the material used to make the case. Even better, it may be time to produce a good quality remote unit. Something like a reversing camera with the DVR located under the dash.

I had a prestigio or mivue cameras and this is the first time when housing was melted. It's not a good sign fir having mini806 camera.

Wysłane z mojego GT-N7100 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I had a prestigio or mivue cameras and this is the first time when housing was melted. It's not a good sign fir having mini806 camera.

Wysłane z mojego GT-N7100 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I am hoping this solves the melting problem - pictures attached.

I created a car-carpet sunvisor and sun-shield to keep the direct sunlight off the camera. I originally did this to make the camera look discrete, with secondary benefit to mitigate heat damage from direct sunlight, before I read these posts on how common the Mini dashcam melting problem is. I live in Australia with its strong sunlight, and my plastic mobile phone mount on the front windscreen has melted and warped.

These photos were taken in the dark with a camera flash so you can see how it is made.

You can see how discrete the dashcam is under normal lighting conditions in the pictures of my post here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ur-dashcam-really-discreet.16602/#post-311084

PS:
I also just created a reflective 'bumper sticker' type sun guard on the outside of the rear window above the Mini 807 with silver duct tape. It actually doesn't look too bad - the colour matches my car, and it is neatly trimmed to shape. It reflects light away to reduce heat build-up. Powdered aluminium pigment gives traditional duct tape its silvery grey colour - I will monitor the recordings to see if it impacts the GPS signal. Proper bumper stickers are made of UV resistant vinyl - that will be the next option if required.

Attachments

• PicsArt_01-24-10.57.08.jpg
    PicsArt_01-24-10.57.08.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 25
  • PicsArt_01-24-10.56.29.jpg
    PicsArt_01-24-10.56.29.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 23
  • PicsArt_01-24-10.52.32.jpg
    PicsArt_01-24-10.52.32.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The back window is not really an issue as manufactures now have anti-sun properties in the glass or you can add tinting. The problem I had was with the front window where nothing can be added.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
adrianjpb Mini 0806 5
chodthewacko Mini 0806 4
Back