Play back clips problem

terence

Reaction score
Country
Australia
When i play back footage on my lap top the clips will play back from the end of the trip backwards to the start of the trip is this normal?

Hi i have an old 0803 mini series had it for a while but still works ok

Are you using windows media player to view them?

If you have the folder open and you press CTRL+A to select them all, then enter to play, windows media player never plays things in the right order and it gets right up my nose!!

On mine, say I have 10 files, it'll play the very last one first, then the first 9 in order after!!

Hi i have an old 0803 mini series had it for a while but still works ok
Are you using windows media player to view them?

If you have the folder open and you press CTRL+A to select them all, then enter to play, windows media player never plays things in the right order and it gets right up my nose!!

On mine, say I have 10 files, it'll play the very last one first, then the first 9 in order after!!
Thanks for that ,i have used windows media and vlc and i either select one at a time or play all but still goes backwards

So it plays the clips from the end of the journey to the beginning of the journey? i.e. plays back from the finish point to the start point? I have never heard of that...

Editing software can reverse it but it would need some computer power (Ram) for that....

Can you upload a file to YT so we can see what it looks like? If you put it on YT, would it play in the right direction?

Pardon my ignorance but what is YT and do you mean uploading a few clips from the dash cam

Yes, as Jokiin says, YT is YouTube. Anyone can do it - it is a free video platform for sharing your videos.

So yes, copy the files from the dashcam to your computer, then go to YouTube and upload one of them. Once done, you can share a link to the video in a reply here and we can then watch it.

First thing to see is if the video plays back correctly on YT, which it should do.

If it does for us and you too, then there is an issue with your own video software playback programmes. If it is backwards for all of us, then it would have to be the dashcam, though I can't understand why either the cam or playback software would produce reversed video footage.

Yes, as Jokiin says, YT is YouTube. Anyone can do it - it is a free video platform for sharing your videos.

So yes, copy the files from the dashcam to your computer, then go to YouTube and upload one of them. Once done, you can share a link to the video in a reply here and we can then watch it.

First thing to see is if the video plays back correctly on YT, which it should do.

If it does for us and you too, then there is an issue with your own video software playback programmes. If it is backwards for all of us, then it would have to be the dashcam, though I can't understand why either the cam or playback software would produce reversed video footage.
Ah ok get it now i will give it a go , interesting point is that i recently video recorded on my phone of me in a glider flight ,uploaded the clips to to laptop and they played in correct order

you could always rename the dashcam files? maybe just put number order and see if that changes anything

Been long time replying i know but solved the problem by selling the car ,apart from the playing back issue i was happy with the mini 0803 i had so bought the 0806s from gear best .It wont record at all i have tried 2 different brands of sd cards and get invalid card message .tried reformating both cards (32 samdisk and samsung ) Any ideas thanks?

formatting in the camera too ? you often need to do that.

tried format on laptop both cards also i think i did in camera as well as i got invalid card message so not sure if it did reformat .According to the manual it is supposed to start recording automatically but nothing happened until i pressed the menu button red light for record came up but then straight away i get invalid card message .I have contacted gearbest through their support page but so far have heard nothing from them .Seems like i might be stuck with it as have seen some reviews that are not good about their customer after sales service .Thanks for the reply anyway

Back