Playback issue

omgimcrap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
got my first Mobius and been using for a few days. I've recorded in 5 minute segments using a 32gb card. When i go to play it back the 1st hour or so is all good, no issues.
I get to segment 18 and it fails to play anything. I can see the files are all there and about the right size but they wont play.
I've been using VLC.
I formatted the card as directed using the in camera software.
I've tried copying the files to PC before playing them but this makes no difference.
i've taken the memory card out of the camera and tried playing directly but again no joy.
these are the settings i have
thanks in advance
tim

upload_2015-8-24_20-5-8.png
upload_2015-8-24_20-5-41.png
upload_2015-8-24_20-6-7.png

Suspect "Power On-Auto Record" should be set to "Both". "Power Off-Disconnect" to "immediate". "Motion Detect" to "Off". Give it a try.

Cheers for the reply Bungus. Will give it a go now.

carried out the suggested changes with no joy i'm afraid.
got the below from VLC

upload_2015-8-24_20-51-28.png

Those were your past recordings? Try new ones after you've changed setup.

yeh getting the same error. deleted all the old files and now it won't play anything :(

tried my 2nd cam with different sd card and seems fine

That's odd. Assuming your micro sd card is good. What led lights are lighting up? Colour and sequence. You can try it at home. Just plug in mini USB to camera and it should start recording. Or try another sd card.

mmmmm just tried again with first cam and its worked ok lol. could it be an sd card issue?
they aren't branded ones but seem to be working ok now!
i'll try it for a couple of days and see how it goes.
the LED lights were all over the place to start with and the shutter button wasn't stopping it recording and it was like a disco but that seems to have stopped now and working as intended!!
will post back if it goes tits up again!
thanks again :)

No problem. We're learning also.

Try using "Tools" to reformat your card. Also, go to a reliable source like Amazon (fulfilled by) and buy yourself a quality, genuine, name brand micro SD card such as THIS one or THIS one.

Also, as @Bungus had already pointed out, don't use motion detection. It is not intended for use while driving. This issue comes up here on DCT over and over, such as yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back