Playback program (Street Guardian SGZC12SG)

MessyPotamia

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just received my SGZC12SG, put in a 64GB SD card, formatted it in the SG, and went for a short drive. I very much appreciate the features I can select onscreen. My question is with a playback program. I leave my DVR in my vehicle, and when its time to review I usually pop out the card and bring it to my computer, point the playback program to my SD card slot so it knows where to find the config and videos, and its straightforward. I don't want to just play back the .mp4 files in WMP, I want the full feature of a dedicated player and when I used RegistratorViewer, File|Open didn't do anything when I pointed it to the SD card drive, or the VIDEO subfolder.
What am I missing? Is this the right playback program for this DVR?
Thanks for your help. I really like this DVR. I own 3 others - Lukas Blackbox (okay), Iroad3300 dual (not so good due to poor night performance), and one other cheap one (okay).

Hi, happy to help. This is what you want right here:

http://www.registratorviewer.com/index_en.html

copy the file to the SD card, and launch it from there.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/dp4p9gpribkz0rt/Export-files-from-Registrator-Viewer.pdf
That's what I have, I think. I ran it from my desktop.
? About says Datakam 6.0.0.0. The second time I tried it I noticed in the lower right it gives some kind of trip info and when I click once on it, that's my whole test drive. Somehow it was loading the trip. Maybe I just didn't notice it the first time. I changed the units to english and it display in mph.
I really like this DVR and this viewer. Count me as a happy customer who will recommend it.

Please allow me to ask a question about memory cards in this thread? I want to get a few good 64G SDHC cards for my SG but can only find SDXC cards. I read you don't recommend micro SD because of possible performance so I'm looking only for the full SD size.
Are Lexar 64G SDHC/XC cards okay?
I've found one that looks like a good choice (I like amazon) but you don't mention Lexar in the recommended cards thread I read.
Do 64G SDHC/XC cards have to be exFat?
Just to try the DVR yesterday (above post) I put in a new micro SD 64G sandisk which was already formatted in exFat, and since it seems to work, does that mean the SG DVR is exFat compatible? Or should I use the recommended utility to reformat the 64G cards to Fat32? Would think it best to leave it exFat if that format is compatible w/ this DVR.
lexar sdhc 64G.jpg I enclosed a pic of the Lexar SDHC/XC's I'm thinking about ordering.
Thanks!

Back