Playing back files

TrishNZ

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I have a new Panoroma IIS with a 32GB Sony SD card.
Since I changed the date to the correct date when I try to play back the files via laptop using either VLC or Windows media player each file only goes for a few seconds and then stops.
If I play it back in Windows 8 'Video' (whatever that is) it plays the whole segment. If I put the file in Windows Movie Maker or Datakam player these also play the whole segment.
Very strange as this has been only since I changed the date/time. Its just an MP4 video so I don't understand why VLC won't play it - the files before the date change play all the way thru.
Any clues?

There does seem to be a firmware bug as I've seen the same thing with Windows Media Player cutting out on the G and the X2 as well.

A daft question but how does the GPS data look in Datakam? Is it missing chunks at the start of each file or if it's all there do you see a sudden spike at the start of each file?

What date was it set to before then as it's interesting it was ok!

There does seem to be a firmware bug as I've seen the same thing with Windows Media Player cutting out on the G and the X2 as well.

A daft question but how does the GPS data look in Datakam? Is it missing chunks at the start of each file or if it's all there do you see a sudden spike at the start of each file?

What date was it set to before then as it's interesting it was ok!
I don't have GPS in mine
Incorrect date was May 2014, I think

Back