"Please check the SD card" audible warning often

flank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S
Anyone get this while driving? I get this every few days. Started a long time back. Blackvue 500 will flash red and repeat the message "Please check the SD card" over and over until you unplug the unit. I will then replug the power after 15 seconds and it will be start recording ok again. I do have a fast SD card that is not a fake. It was bought in person at a large shop.

I tried to download new firmware on multiple times, but the official downloads will download but end up being broken.

Just take the card out and put it back in Usually fixes it.. Mine does it now and then Not a great concern

You must be doing something wrong as i have never had any trouble downloading firmware

Yes same problem with my 600. I was using the newest Sandisk Ultra 64GB. Tests showed it was a good card and I'm sure I paid good money for it! Every 4 days it said "please check the SD card." I like how the other guy claims "its not a great concern" hahaha! Yeah it's a concern for me!!! 1. I didn't buy a 64 gb card to only get 8 hrs of recording. 2. I might not feel like deleting something right away because I haven't downloaded it yet. 3. I don't think I should have to waste my time formatting the device every 4 days. 4. Its embarrassing when friends are in the car and your technology starts to shout error messages. 5. I AM CONCERNED I've wasted good money on a crap product.

I finally broke down and bought another card. I didn't want to spend another $40 on a new card, but I did. The new one is a Transcend Premium 64GB. It too said to check the SD card at day 5!!!! ... but after I held down the wifi button for 10 seconds it formatted the card again and I haven't had any problems with it since. It's been approx. 3 weeks strong [knock on wood]. Today is my first attempt at pulling the camera and reviewing the footage.

Here's a little snip of our journey down hwy1 on Friday. The sound quality is horrendous! No I'm serious, it's inaudible at normal speaking levels. Can't understand a single thing. I keep waiting for a new firmware to be released, but they're too busy still fixing all their problems with old models to support their new ones.

To be fair they're not fixing the old models either, have a look at custom Russian firmware if you want the camera to work properly

Yes same problem with my 600. I was using the newest Sandisk Ultra 64GB. Tests showed it was a good card and I'm sure I paid good money for it! Every 4 days it said "please check the SD card." I like how the other guy claims "its not a great concern" hahaha! Yeah it's a concern for me!!! 1. I didn't buy a 64 gb card to only get 8 hrs of recording. 2. I might not feel like deleting something right away because I haven't downloaded it yet. 3. I don't think I should have to waste my time formatting the device every 4 days. 4. Its embarrassing when friends are in the car and your technology starts to shout error messages. 5. I AM CONCERNED I've wasted good money on a crap product.

I finally broke down and bought another card. I didn't want to spend another $40 on a new card, but I did. The new one is a Transcend Premium 64GB. It too said to check the SD card at day 5!!!! ... but after I held down the wifi button for 10 seconds it formatted the card again and I haven't had any problems with it since. It's been approx. 3 weeks strong [knock on wood]. Today is my first attempt at pulling the camera and reviewing the footage.

Here's a little snip of our journey down hwy1 on Friday. The sound quality is horrendous! No I'm serious, it's inaudible at normal speaking levels. Can't understand a single thing. I keep waiting for a new firmware to be released, but they're too busy still fixing all their problems with old models to support their new ones.

Hi there,

We have notified Pittasoft of the issue with the mic, caused by firmware 1.001 on the DR600. They are aware of this issue and are currently developing a fix. Sorry we can't give you an ETA but it should be in the not too distant future.

We have also found Transcend cards to be more compatible than the Sandisk cards, formatting using GUI Format in FAT32 works well.

The cameras should not say please check SD card after only 3-4 days

Last edited:
Hi there,

We have notified Pittasoft of the issue with the mic, caused by firmware 1.001 on the DR600. They are aware of this issue and are currently developing a fix. Sorry we can't give you an ETA but it should be in the not too distant future.

We have also found Transcend cards to be more compatible than the Sandisk cards, formatting using GUI Format in FAT32 works well.

The cameras should not say please check SD card after only 3-4 days

Many thanks! I appreciate the quick response. Like I said, the Transcend card does work much better with my camera. That would have been useful information prior to purchasing the Sandisk card ... but I opted for the "cheaper" route of purchasing the 16GB model plus the aftermarket 64GB card. After buying two cards it's not feeling as cheap lol.

Once the microphone level is fixed Pittasoft will have a happy customer. Some of those night view improvements Alexsoll is showing off would be greatly appreciated also!

Driving through a puddle this morning.

sadly same here, when I can be bothered to put the DR500GW in the car, I end up formatting the card once a week (or more)

I finally went and ordered a new SD card. Its been a few days, no warning. I guess the sd card gets degraded over time. Its always being written to. I also would get an error message while inserting that bad card into my PC.
31367bk.jpg

Yeah, I don't mind paying for a new card. They are cheap anyways. I will consider it a wear and tear part that needs to be changed every couple of years.

yeah the card is stuffed, get a samsung evo64GB. DO NOT GET SANDISK.

There was a sale on amazon for the Sandisk. So I grabbed one for a digital camera and for dashcam. After it arrived, I kicked myself for ordering the same brand that was giving me problems. I forgot to order a different brand.

every sandisk I have owned has died a very short death in dash cams. I will never own another one.
and the sales are probably cause they cant sell them as they are crap for dashcams so trying to unload them cheap.

actually I used to use Sandisk cards exclusively and had very little problems from them, maybe one problem card in each hundred cards, one user recently contacted me to let me know his old camera was starting to play up and he's done 400,000 kms of driving with it in FNQ, still on the original card

a lot of fakes around which probably had something to do with things, some cameras don't seem to like them either

BlackVue's instructions say to use the PC/Mac viewer app to format 64Gb cards. I tried that and have not had a single problem with my Sandisk Extreme 64Gb.

What Blackvue didn't tell anyone is that you need to reformat the SD card every 1-2 weeks. Otherwise, depending on usage, you'll "brick" your SD card and render it useless except to look at videos. SO ... reformat the SD card in the Blackvue cam every 1-2 weeks (only takes a minute or two), but first save any videos on the viewer app first! There's no need to format it in the viewer app.

If you've bricked your card, it's now useless. You don't need to buy Blackvue's outrageously priced SD cards. Buy a card with these specs in the largest size that will work with your unit (My 900S-2Ch will use a 128 GB card). The micro SD card needs to have the following specs to work:
  • Read:up to 100MB/s with UHS-1 interface Write:up to 90MB/s with UHS-1 interface
  • UHS-I, compatible to HS interface, Grade 3, Class 10, 4K
You can find one on Amazon for $20-$30.

Remember to format every 1-2 weeks depending on usage!

Rubbish I use Sandisk 200GB cards in 3 cameras and hardly ever look at them and certainly dont format them for months at a time.
My two old cards , a Samsung Evo nad a Sandisk Ultra are coming up to 4 years old and still work perfectly

Back