Please help me to inderstand.

Pietrach

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am following this forum for a while now, trying to make sense of all the scripts and advice given, but i am struggling here.

What i need is a script that would keep everything as per the original settings, but add the RAW capability as well as keeping the JPEGs.

Other, separate or additional script would be to improve the image quality as much as possible.

can you help me to identify the right scripts to achieve this?

thank you.
Pietrach

What i need is a script that would keep everything as per the original settings, but add the RAW capability as well as keeping the JPEGs.

Hey Pietrach. Here you go.
t app test debug_dump 14

Put that line in your autoexec.ash, reboot the cam, and you'll get the RAW and JPEG.

Concerning „improve the image quality“ — it's very subjective. What are you trying to achieve? There is shadows/highlights tweaking, noise reduction and other stuff that you can do with scripts. Better try to install XYC or yi-plus and see what options possible to improve image with those scripts.

Thank you very much.

Sould this line be in any specific place? Say first line, or maybe last? I will see if having raw files improves the case enough for my needs.

First line is fine. But last should always stay blank, and file should be saved in UTF-8.

I'll put it in attach worked config. There is only RAW enabled, so you can just unzip it, uploaded to root folder of your card, reboot cam and take a photo. You will see RAW file along with the JPEG.

What you need to do next – process it. This video will help, and there is also links to programs attached.

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    183 bytes · Views: 4
Thank you @vadimkozhin it worked great and I now have RAW files. I converted them to DNG and they show up in Capture One, but are not editable. All sliders are disabled. Never seen anything like this. Any advice?
Thank you.

By the wat, after inspecting my 16mp JPEGs they are deffinitely poor, look very "plasticky", almost like a painting when viewed at 100%. I will need to work on this.

Sorry Pietrach, can't help you with Capture One, never used it. Did you „fix“ RAWs with exiftool and «Yi-correct-RAW-counter.bat» script after convert to DNG? May be this is the issue?

Yes, I also notice, that jpeg look really plastic after RAW enable, but I thing there is some tweaks on that somewhere on the forum. I did't even try to tweak JPEGs, coz I shoot in RAW, and don't use JPEG at all.

One thing I notice, that if you shoot in manual exposure, you need to step approx 1.5 stops higher, if you compare result with JPEG. And RAW is really noisy sometimes, try to shoot in different conditions to understand what works better for you.

Thank you @vadimkozhin
No i did not fix the RAW using exiftool and script. I will do so later.
The DNG still worked in Photoshop, although I must say I was very disapointed with it, for three resons:
- The exposure of RAW file was so low that even moving the slider to 100 to the right has left it slightly underexposed;
- The amount of noise was unbelievably high. I surprises me as everyone says this camera has a really good Sony sensor. And I am talking about the image taken in the middle of a day;
- Probably the biggest issue is that there is a colour cast. I cannot get the colour balance right. It is either too purple, or too green. The temperature or coloru balance adjustments do not help, but maybe I am lacking skills here. Can you share your typical setup for correcting the colour cast?

Thank you

Ok, my bullet point from above 1st and 3rd have been resolved. The noise is still there but I dont think this can be resolved.

Back