Please Recommend a Dashcam with No Screen

mrq

Reaction score
Country
Andorra
I would prefer a dashcam with no screen or at least a screen that can be turned off. My only other major requirement is <$150. And do most dashcams have screens?

most sub $150 models have screens, haven't seen one yet where you can't either have the screen turn off automatically (most common) or just turn it off manually

The only cameras i know with out screens are higher end models that cost a little money.
Lukas LK-7900 Ace
Vico-WF1

You could look into the Mobius. How ever the viewing angle is 87 degrees, which is a bit narrow FOV.
You could hide a Mini 0801 witch has a screen completely behind your mirror so you can not see it.

You could look into the Mobius. How ever the viewing angle is 87 degrees, which is a bit narrow FOV.

The Mobius can be bought with two different lenses. The A lens has the narrower FOV; the B lens is wide angle (116 degree). For $150 you could buy both.
It's small, has a sharp picture and a great support group here and on the RC Forums.

I got the Mobius with the wide angle "B" lens. It works very well, is VERY flexible, and has a lot of support. I suggest you consider the Mobius.

Check out the Finevu CR500HD $260 or the Finevu Pro $180 I have the CR500HD And I have just ordered a second one for my rear camera

Very happy with the unit I ordered both of them from Alex @ www.blackboxmycar.com

I added the GPS to the front camera a few months ago keeps track of location and speed (a good or bad thing depending on you driving habits ). :)

@Bob I would use the word versatile, not all posters have English as there first language and even I had images of people trying to bend it and wrap it around corners. Lol :p

But agreed, the Mobius at its price point is very good indeed, with the new firmware even better.

LOL, OK you got me on that one. :D

At least I didn't say, "It's a HOT little camera!"
(1) As in the temperature is very high.
(2) As in it's exciting.
(3) As in it's stolen.

:eek:

I would definitely agree that the Mobius is the best way to go for a screenless camera; even more-so with the most recent firmware update. (and those to come)

Some of my friends have been fascinated by my interest in dash cams but when it comes to the Mobius it gets interesting. They think it's some sort of key chain toy until they see the quality of the video on an HD screen.

And Jim is quite right about being careful with language and idiomatic expression. I've seen some rather amusing "lost in translation" moments on this forum. Then again, the very international nature of this forum is one of the reasons I find it so interesting and valuable. It's DA Bomb! :D

Have Mobius overheating problems been solved?

Have Mobius overheating problems been solved?

The heat sink on the Mobius can get pretty hot but serious problems caused by overheating have been pretty rare. The primary issue would be how the heat might affect the battery but the batteries in the Mobius are easy to replace and some folks are experimenting with super capacitors that have become available specifically for the Mobius.

Back