Please watch out for these sneaky vehicles!!!!!!!

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
They seem to lurk around construction zones on highways. They're kind of hard to see in daylight, but one tip is to watch for the caution signs, and the damn flashing amber lights.

I don't see any skid marks, so I am assuming the car ran into the rear of the highway maintenance truck.

Last edited:
Dont seem to be much "buffer" in that buffer trailer, the same sort of thing are also in play in Danish streets as our drivers are just as ignorant as other ignorant drivers around the world.

47686379_1117838691710352_3696639293234610176_n_0.jpg

Funny it look like that big yellow SOB are just cardboard,,,, but in the old days stuntmen also used that in stead of airbags,,,,,,, need to cut off corners of boxes.
336_5.jpg

One hit by DUI idiot.
dcx-74921704-20181210170601

One graced by another idiot.
10_06_2014_3.jpg

Trailer_skiltevogn___Road_signal_trailer.jpg

I think in general the trailer types are used for the most streets, the one on the top i think are a heavier car and truck stop for use on motorways where trucks do 80 and cars 110/130 km/h
I read Denmark are on the fore front with these sign cars/trailers or maybe just the use of them, could not read article due to my ad blocker.

These sign cars / trailers will of course sync up automatic, for a more KAPOW in your face alert and their pattern can be combined as you like / need.
Actually i just read these cars / trailers also have GPS and modem so Danish traffic authorities can see their deployment and what they signal,,,,,,, smart fellows those Danes

Look like our American friends would be wise to buy / copy Danish on this matter.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what that trailer is? I guess it could be a disposable crash trailer, designed to be scrapped after one use?

With the other crash buffers available, I can see lawsuits from the family of people who ran into these if they are that?
'Why didn't you have softer barriers my drunk brother could run into that would put him in a wheelchair?"

I'm thinking of the highway guardrail lawsuits where people ran into them and they claimed they were not 'forgiving' enough, or something.

The other thing I thought of, the crashed car may be from an earlier wreck, but not sure why the highway truck was that close ahead of it?
This was on I-80 in wyoming a few days ago. They did have some crews of highway department vehicles like this patching holes, 3-4 warning trucks, one patch truck, east of this.

Hehe yes, one would have to account for the in some places vast differences between Denmark and America.

If you stop a car at speed hard, the fastest US highway speeds and a instant stop ( concrete wall ) would generate upwards of 300 G i recon, and at boy racer speed even a modern car with crumble zones well that turn the whole car into a big crumble zone,,,, that have failed.

You want people to be stopped slowly, or reasonably slowly.
I was looking for tests of those danish "bumper cars" not least the one with the big yellow buffer, but i was not able to find anything. But i assume its better to be stopped "slowly" over 4 feet than be stopped hard over 0 inches.

I don't know what it is in other states, but in Virginia it used tb be the speed limit was half the posted limit in a construction site. That's what I do now because it just seems right when around people working that might forget and step out on the road. However I have seen some really weird/dangerous drivers in construction areas in the last few years!

It vary here depending on the type of road and what have been done, on a motorway 110 / 130 km/h and road works, then they some times fence off with concrete K rails and so you can pass at a posted speed of 70 / 80 km/h
If it is something temporary and so not have any hard barrier in place i assume your speed can be dropped even lower to 50 km/h

You can also try your luck, which the kid and his 2 girl passengers did in this case Vs 2 unmarked Danish police cars.
Clip from local COP program on TV.

Pretty big wipe out, cop got broken collar bone, broken leg and bruised ribs and now ride a desk, the idiot kids also got off lucky as no one was killed.

Work zone speed limits in the US vary quite a bit by state, complexity of detours and road shifts, and some other mysterious unknown factors that may not make any sense.
Most traffic DOES NOT slow down. PERIOD.

I can't figure out if they are oblivious to the highway signs, or don't give a damn? (or both)

THey also see a 'lane closed ahead' sign as an excuse to pass as many vehicles as possible at a speed over the posted speed limit, probably while yelling 'zipper merge! zipper merge' before diving into the slowed traffic at the last minute.

Road works here will often have one of the ATK cars planted, not least if its a longer job, like the current widening of the E45 motorway in my area from 2 lanes to 3 lanes. ( a job that should have been done 10 years ago at least, actually it would have been smarter to do 4 lanes now anyway )

fartkontrol-ved-vejarbejde

And Danes are no better, some times in a place like this they can "flash" around 1500 cars in 5 hours.
And the cheapest fine are probably 1500 Dkkr / 225 USD, which are about 10% of a monthly wage after tax. ( normal mortal worker wage )

In the later years road works have been paired with "my daddy work here" / "be carefull of my daddy" sign campaigns.

22ba50f1eibl09qb.jpg

If you wonder what the brown mass to the right of the workers in the last picture are, well thats a bio noise barrier, and it will be green soon.

Last edited:
Do you have a lot of 3 year old drivers on your roads who would take notice of that sign?

Here the big road works now have average speed cameras, they log you in and out of each section and if you exceed the speed limit on average then the fine is in the mail. Can be several Km long.

Bio noise barrier - we use trees - a self constructing environmentally friendly, CO2 absorbing, noise barrier.

Hehe yeah that drawing are not made on the art academy,,,,, at least i hope not cuz my tax money are funding that too.
Average speed cameras :cautious: /whisper you cant say that in here, someone here have tax money burning a hole in their pants.

Our bio barriers are pretty much just a tall pile of dirt, kept together and in shape by a steel mesh, good thing is you can plant all sorts of stuff on them and so get some variation to keep people awake.
Trees ( big ones at least ) don't block much noise at earth level or near earth level, where cars zoom buy.
Other places here have seen glass barriers ASO i assume to get that Bang and Olufsen look so looks match price better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lola Off Topic 6
G Off Topic 9
RBEmerson Off Topic 0
kamkar Off Topic 2
petepete Off Topic 7
Back