Pls help: Parking vs driving mode b4k

Ussefvilla

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
My b4k (installed with a hardware parking kit) records in the same way either driving or parking. But I want it to record in normal driving mode (without timelapes) while driving and in timelapse while parking. Is this possible? If yes How can I configure it to do so?

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
WElcome to the forum Ussefvilla.

It sound a little as if the camera are always in parking guard mode ? ( wired wrong ) do these use a 3 wire hard wire kit or just 2 wires ?? if it is 3 wires that could be the problem.
I am not familiar with this Blueskysea model, and the other ones of theirs i tested i was not able to test parking guard.
On most cameras parking guard files, at least in regard to events go in a special folder for that, but using low bitrate for parking guard myself those are just in the regular folder with the regular footage.

You could also try to change to G-sensor parking guard, if it them are also only G- sensor while driving there are for sure something wrong here.

I will tag in a few helpers. @SawMaster
Maybe take a look at this thread. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blueskysea-b4k-hardwiring-kit-review.43910/

I think that little switch mentioned in one of the posts you need to change its position.

OP
OP
Ussefvilla

Ussefvilla

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Thanks a lot for ur reply. Blueskysea b4k uses a 3 wire hardware parking kit. Black wire to ground, red to constant and yellow to acc. I checked the installation over and over using a multimeter.

Now the car is in parking mode recording in timelapse 10fps but I if I turn the ignition now it shuts off and turn back on and continues shooting in timelapses. I don't think that's normal.

I don't know if it's the configuration or it just can't automatically change modes ( timelapse to normal video recording)

Attachments

• IMG_20220910_141836.jpg
    IMG_20220910_141836.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 3

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
The yellow part.

7Q030iz.jpg

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Blueskysea, VIOFO, Vantrue, Thinkware
Welcome to DCT. The firmware settings for the B4k would be the next place to check. The "Time-lapse" firmware setting (page 2 of settings) determines if B4K's "Normal Mode" is recorded as time lapse video. Make sure the "Time-lapse" firmware setting is set to "Off". Then check the "Parking Monitor" setting (page 1 of settings) is set to "Time-lapse". That's how I have my B4K configured and it generates normal mode video (as defined in the "Resolution" setting) and the B4K enters into parking mode and it creates time-lapse video while in parking mode.

OP
OP
Ussefvilla

Ussefvilla

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Welcome to DCT. The firmware settings for the B4k would be the next place to check. The "Time-lapse" firmware setting (page 2 of settings) determines if B4K's "Normal Mode" is recorded as time lapse video. Make sure the "Time-lapse" firmware setting is set to "Off". Then check the "Parking Monitor" setting (page 1 of settings) is set to "Time-lapse". That's how I have my B4K configured and it generates normal mode video (as defined in the "Resolution" setting) and the B4K enters into parking mode and it creates time-lapse video while in parking mode.
Thanks a lot I will try it and tell u what happens.

OP
OP
Ussefvilla

Ussefvilla

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Hi again, it worked perfectly. I can't believe it's a configuration problem. I feel so dump. Thank you so much for your help. Both of you.

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Blueskysea, VIOFO, Vantrue, Thinkware
Hi again, it worked perfectly. I can't believe it's a configuration problem. I feel so dump. Thank you so much for your help. Both of you.
I'm glad you got it working correctly.

I checked my statement in my B4K review video about the "Time-lapse" setting and I found it to be incorrect. I added a note to the video's description section to hopefully clarify that setting to viewers of my video.

Note: At 11 mins 41 seconds in the video, I stated the "Time-lapse" firmware setting was to select the number of frames per second in parking mode when the time-lapse parking mode was selected in the "Parking Monitor" setting. That statement is incorrect. The "Time-lapse" setting should only be enabled if you want the B4K normal mode recordings to be time-lapse videos. If you want regular videos for normal mode, make sure the "Time-lapse" setting is set to "Off".

OP
OP
Ussefvilla

Ussefvilla

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I watched the whole video but unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the description. I had this dashcam for a year now and I've never known that it had a parking mode nor was I using it correctly. the technician who installed it combined both red and yellow wires and put them in one fuse. I think I'll be taking things into my own hands with the help of reliable Tech People like yourself. plus I really learned a lot in the process. Thank you so much and I'll definitely subscribe to your awsome channel.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G B4K 4
Arium B4K 5
C B4K 87