Plug and Play Drive Camera activated by hard breaks

kycameras

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking for a camera that has 2 lens one facing outside of the cab and one facing inside the cab that starts recoding when there is a hard break, reckless driving or hit something. I also need for this camera to record and either have live viewing at a separate location or send alerts with the recorded video clip to an administrator. I also need for this camera to be plug and play meaning easily plugged in and able to remove by any driver if a vehicle is broke down and they need to switch truck they can remove the camera and easily plug it into another truck. These cameras will be for 18 wheelers, semi and box trucks. I need to make sure the camera is powered by the vehicle or battery and we will have wifi in all vehicles. Lastly I need to make sure the video is watermarked so it can be used in criminal court issues.

you need to do a bit more research first, have a look at what is in the market already for guidance as to what is and isn't possible or practical

Without wirering the camera into the cars OBD port or wire loom it is pretty much impossible to do what you ask, the reason is if you rely on the G sensor in the camera then you will have a hard time finding a camera that have a sensitivity that's usable ( they are normally too sensitive creating a lot of false event recordings, and those are read only and normally only set aside on a fraction of the memory card size.

There are commercial systems out there for semis and bus, but no one in here have experience with them as they are normally really expensive, and i am still not even sure if they support what you ask for.

In general commercial dashcams dont have the kind of tamper proofing you would want, and if the camera have to be moveable between vehicles that go right out the window i think.

Back