PMP motion detection in Parking Mode and Flashing Alarm LED

Alan-GTC-

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have just completed today a successful installation to my Astra J GTC (Vauxhall / Opel) with the PMP and my Blackvue DR650GW-2ch.

It all works perfectly minus one minor detail, the cars own inbuilt security alarm. When the car is locked there is a red LED in the middle of the dash board that is in the line of sight of the camera. Even the reflection in the LED is in line of sight of the camera so angling the camera is not an option.

Bar covering the LED with a cloth, is there any recommendations on how to stop the camera from perceiving the flash of the LED as motion?

I have tried reducing the MOTION DETECTION to 25 and still detects as motion. I have now reduced to 5 in hopes that will minimise the flash as being detected.

I wish to avoid switching off the MOTION DETECTION (setting 0).

you're either going to need to cover it or go without motion detect, is it a factory installed LED or aftermarket?

Thank you for the response. I will check if the car owners network I am a member of know of any hidden service menus where this can be disabled. Else, I will have to conceed defeat and place a cloth over the ALARM LED when I park the car.

Perhaps sticking a small obstruction above the LED will block it from reflecting onto the windscreen.

By small I mean such as 3mm high x 5mm length. This can be cut from dense black foam material and glued above the LED.

Back