PMP Setup: No Green LED

Me@Work

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, been racking my brain the last couple days trying to get my Power Magic Pro set up. I have a Honda Civic and tested all my fuses with a multimeter. Here are the results:
2xYqEMf.jpg

Also here is the fuse guide:
uDzMeSN.jpg

I have 2 add-a-circuit kids with a 5amp fuse in the top and the original fuse on bottom crimped to the red/yellow wires. I've tried connecting the red and yellow wires to various fuses and so far nothing has worked. I've tried connecting the ground end to various metal parts, including ones that worked for the multimeter. Sometimes I get small spark on the ground end prong when touching it to metal so it seems there's a connection somewhere. Also I disassembled the PMP and the internal PCB looks fine to me.
sWnJSB9.jpg

Hoping I'm missing something obvious here...

The ACC wire should be on one of the ACC fuses, 19 or 20, 27 might work too. The ground wire needs to be good and solid to something on the chassis. There's usually some big bolt behind the driver's kick panel or carpeting, but you might have to scrape off some paint around it to make sure it's good.

KuoH

Hey guys, thanks for the tips. I was able to figure it out I think, jokiin was on the right track. It turns out the PMP apparently will never turn on while starting from a car-off state. You have to at least turn the key to position 1 but you also must flip one of the two white voltage selector switches after that, then the unit immediately turns on. After that you can turn the car off and the PMP stays on as long as its main power switch is set to on.

Likely the voltage wasn't high enough to kick it out of the off state, when running you have over 14v which will bring it out of standby, from then on you're fine

So it looks like I've still got one more issue to resolve.

The PMP works fine while the car is off, continues to provide power and then switches off after about 6 hours like it's set to do.
However, when starting the car again, the PMP does not turn on again automatically. I must flip one of the voltage switches then it turns on.

Could it be related to which fuse is being tapped?

Yellow wire (BATT+) is connected to fuse 42 and red (ACC+) is connected to fuse 20.

I have the PMP set to turn off after 23.2V and 6 hours (the most conservative settings) if it matters.

You should be using one of the 12V settings, not 24V. Also are you sure fuse 42 has power when the key is off? The power window fuses are usually tied to the key on position, unless your car has some sort of auto window roll up/down. The door lock fuses are usually powered constantly.

KuoH

I have the PMP set to turn off after 23.2V and 6 hours (the most conservative settings) if it matters.

Thanks KuoH, setting the power to 12v instead was the trick. Working great now. Thanks!

Back