PNY 128GB microSD for $29.99 US.

Does it make any difference that they are uhs-1? Mine are 3

Does it make any difference that they are uhs-1? Mine are 3
I'm using them in 2 different SG9665GC cameras without issue.

I wish amazon.co.uk had such a bargain, but until now nothing similar for good memory cards has been seen here yet.

I wish amazon.co.uk had such a bargain, but until now nothing similar for good memory cards has been seen here yet.

for any new models I want to try I buy my test cards from Amazon US, they have the best pricing, cheapest 128gb card in Australia right now is $68

for any new models I want to try I buy my test cards from Amazon US, they have the best pricing, cheapest 128gb card in Australia right now is $68

I have seen so called "sale / bargain" prices locally, but they are nowhere near the US prices. It's probably due to high import / duty taxes which our "bellowed" EEA / EU taxation system implement.

I thought UHS-3 is needed for 4k video, and for dash cam which is usually 2k at best a UHS-1 is enough?

Woooo thats a pretty good deal, sadly i cant take it as the mafia boos under which i reside will have to have his cut too when its products from the US of A.

U3 is nice to work with moving stuff to and from, but really SDXC Class 10 U1 should be just fine, most dashcams need less than 5 megabytes written every second.
Offcourse high power 4K cameras will need more, but even those i think will be fine on a U3 card as long as its just a regular consumer grade 4K camera.

But i do think later this yer i will have to bite the bullet anyway ;)

The DAB202 writes at about 24mb/s stock. High bitrate versions write up to 40mb/s

Another question: why pick 128GB? You planning a very long trip and don't want to delete any video? I've used 64GB in my old G1W and it lasted almost 9 hours before it started deleting older files. Most people aren't up for 16+ hours of drive in a single session.

Unless you're planning to get a good quality 4k cam soon, 128 is probably overkill. But for the price I would still get em anyway :D

Another question: why pick 128GB?...
So I can do a 4 or 5 day 'mini-vacation' from the southern part of the state, to the U.P., and back home and not have any looping.

How long you get is highly dependent on the camera and bitrate. My CF100 only gets around 6 hours with a 64GB card before it starts to delete old files and I have taken many trips of 8 to 12 hours. It's the peace of mind of knowing that the parking lot ding I might not have noticed before starting the trip is still on the card versus the sad realization that something happened, but the footage is long gone.

KuoH

I've used 64GB in my old G1W and it lasted almost 9 hours before it started deleting older files. Most people aren't up for 16+ hours of drive in a single session.

...My CF100 only gets around 6 hours with a 64GB card before it starts to delete old files...
Yeah, the CF-100 approach of pre-allocating 20% of the card for event files really impacts the usable capacity. :(

Doesnt the cf-100 use avi format? If it was mov or mp4, you'd have longer time.

Doesnt the cf-100 use avi format?....
It does. About 138K per minute of video - includes front, rear and GPS data.

64 Gb is fine for me in single cameras, but for a dualchannel camera i would go for 128GB

Back