Polarized Lens Cover for Garmin 55

ivantwilliams

Reaction score
Country
United States
Garmin have a Polarized Lens Cover for the Garmin 45 & 55 on their website.
The part number is 010-12530-18. Alas, it cannot be ordered yet, and won't be available till 2nd week in August 2018.

I phoned Garmin to confirm. I have been trying to order this via the website for over a week, and kept getting an error.
Hence the phone call to them...

I ordered one on June 23rd and received it on July 14th. The price is $19.99 and with taxes and shipping it came to $27.02. It works very well and cuts the glare from the windshield to zero in my application. The instructions for installing it on the cam are substandard. However there is an indicator line on the lens frame which should be placed on the cam at 12 o'clock. And the Garmin name on the lens should be at 6 o'clock. The price is steep but it sure makes the videos and pictures nice and clear.

There's a youtube video that shows how to take a step-up ring and use a 37mm polarizer filter if you want to DIY
Might save you time waiting for a shipment than the couple bucks difference. You can buy a linear polarizer if you want to save a little more, but they're harder to come by.
Not sure about the Garmin's but most standard filters have an outer threaded ring where you can screw a wide angle adapter to for a little wider POV.

Last edited:
Back