Polarizing Filters - options

Here is a promo video for the Polarizit one;

It's the Polarizit B90 for the DR900S

Nice find on the video, made a purchase for the front CPL.

I've placed an order for the front one too.
I ordered from their website rather than the eBay link - as the eBay link was a slightly different version for the DR750 not the DR900.

Worked out at £36 Inc postage after exchange rate.

Last edited:
Good price for it and postage £36 aswell compared to other sites

Yes that's the one I bought, but got from their Ebay. It's a company called Moovika.

I got both front and rear from them and I wasn't impressed with the quality.
I got a feeling from the packaging too, as they were just in clear plastic sleeves in a small thin cardboard box just bigger than the filters themselves (which was squashed out of shape in the post). They came in a padded envelope rather than a secure box.

The seem to look fine visually when on the dashcam, but the build quality is quite poor, and the design is also not great due to the issues mentioned above.

I wouldn't recommend them.

Hopefully the Polarizit filter will be a lot better as it seems to seal itself against the camera and can be adjusted to suit the vehicle rather than be fixed.

Last edited:
Please keep us updated.

I have a polarizit CPL that I got from ebay, was $35 shipped.
What are your thoughts about how it works and the quality?
Are you happy with it?

I bought from 7DAYCAM website last Friday and got an email this morning to say it's only just been despatched. That's a bit slow, but as long as it arrives soon it's fine.

same here with email today dispatched must be getting them by slow boat from China lol

The Polarizit CPL Filter arrived today.

Here are some photos of the product, packaging and comparison next to the one sold on some BlackVue websites (made my Moovika)

My system is the DR900S-2ch
I have black tape covering the logos on the front of camera to make it less visible through the windscreen.

Polarizit don't seem to do a rear camera filter, so I can't do a comparison of that aspect.

**PLEASE NOTE THE MOOVIKA FILTER SHOWN IN THE IMAGES IS THE DR750S VERSION, NOT THE DR900S VERSION**
The quality different between the two can clearly be seen, starting from the packaging - the Polarizit filter comes in its own tin holder, with foam insert to protect (bought from 7daycam and posted to UK from California)
The Moovika made one feels like it's very rough textured and made from a 3D printer, then the glass filter part just glued in and fixed in position.
The Polarizit filter is very well made and has a very smooth rotating lens filter which you can adjust to your own vehicle. It looks feels like a quality product, to match the quality of BlackVue.

I've not had chance to put it back in the car yet and get some footage - but so far, the glass filter looks slightly larger and is a better fit around the lens.

IMG_20180914_125300.jpgIMG_20180914_125335.jpgIMG_20180914_125415.jpgIMG_20180914_140547.jpg
IMG_20180914_140618.jpgIMG_20180914_140919.jpgIMG_20180914_141003.jpgIMG_20180914_141116.jpgIMG_20180914_141138.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180914_140618.jpg
    IMG_20180914_140618.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I've now managed to do some comparison shots of the Moovika and Polarizit filters attached to the camera.

My opinion is the Polarizit filter is a lot better build quality and can be adjusted to suit the light conditions.
Highly recommend

**PLEASE NOTE THE MOOVIKA FILTER BELOW IS THE DR750S VERSION - WHICH IS AN INCORRECT FIT, AND CAUSES THE INTRUSION AND LIGHT REFRACTION IN THE PICTURE**
BlackVue CPL filters, sold on most websites (made by Moovika)
filter.jpg

Polarizit CPL filters, sold by 7DAYCAM
polarizit.jpg

The Moovika filter in the first image shows intrusion (left side) on the image and light refraction (right side). This is due to the wrong filter being fitted. The DR750S filter had been put on the DR900S dashcam. As the lenses are different sizes, the CPL filters are different for the DR750S and DR900S so make sure you get the correct version if you go for the Moovika ones.

You can see on the Polarizit filter, because you can manually adjust it, the filter on the Polarizit one gives a better reflection block - the reflection of the pillars at the edge of the windscreen are less on the Polarizit filter.

To adjust it is really easy.
Just put something white or light coloured on your dashboard - then livestream the front camera to your phone using the BlackVue app.
Then turn the filter until the white reflection on the camera goes as dim as possible.

Now we just need them to make one for the rear camera.

Last edited:
The B90 does look quality, great summary

Great updates and agree the B90 looks much better.

Any night time shots?

I'll try and get some pictures up in the next couple of days for you then.

Back