Police Officer Body Cam Records Car Chase And Shootout

Somebody in the USA should invent a hands free communications system so that cops don't have to drive 1 handed during high speed pursuits, a legal requirement here even when not driving in a high speed pursuit!

After that a hands free weapons system would seem sensible so that cops don't have to drive zero handed during high speed pursuits, maybe one that doesn't destroy your view of the road ahead; here such a system was developed back in WW1 when it was found that shooting through your own aircraft propeller was not a good idea.

I don't understand why they don't fit their cars with missile systems so that they just have to lock on and fire, OK maybe not as much fun as firing 1000 rounds from a handgun but it would be over an awful lot faster, safer and the result would be the same - no need for a justice system!

Daum :eek: i dont thing Danish cops would shoot out thru the window like that,,,, not that i think they should not do it.
But it is extremely rare some one shoot at police here, but it would happen much more often if gun proliferation was the same here as in the US, no doubt about that.
Though driving and shooting are a little shaky IMO in regard to safety for civilians in the area.
But if some one shoot at you, well then you should return fire as soon as possible, i would for sure, i would even do that if some one was holding a gun and just saying he would use it on me, but here i might not go for 2-3 in the chest depending on the direction of his barrel.

Non forceful ways to stop a vehicle are something that are experimented a lot with in the states, but i dont know what the state are here, but i am pretty sure the Americans are in the forefront here.

And nice body cam.

I was wondering how accurately you can shoot through a laminated windscreen, turns out that the USA cops are trained to do this and although the first shot goes skywards, if the next one goes through the same hole then you can be quite accurate.

This was also through the windshield, 5 shots hit the driver, you can see the first one go high:

Last edited:
Hehe that would not really happen here, but personally i wish it would once in a while, cuz there are idiots out there that have absolute disregard to anyone else, and people like that we / society should treat the same.

A good decade ago ( okay maybe 2 ) cops did shoot at a car ( stolen ) when they tried to run the cops down to escape, and the driver was killed alright, but there was a large outcry among regular Danes, but also people i knew that knew the driver.
I just shrugged my shoulders, the idiot tried to kill a cop with a car, so only reasonable the cop defend him self.

And really the guy was a idiot ( put nice ) or parasite ( if totally honest ) and really no one than maybe his parents would miss him.

15 or 16 rounds so prob 9mm - so lots of shots but the bullets are rather small and though high velocity, tend to go through things (people/car engines) rather than the old .45ACP, which was known for spreading and stopping 'things'.

SO when you see the guys at Heathrow with all their 9mm weapons, lets hope they never have to fire while it's crowded.... Oh it's an AIRPORT.... ahh...

And yes a car mounted method of stopping an escaping vehicle is perhaps long overdue, trouble is they try to do it without injuring the occupants....

2nd vid in Austin, quite reasonable for the officer to open fire, but the guy driving still seemed to be alive after 7 shots in the region of his head, passenger became 'compliant' though :)

I might be a bit blood thirsty.....

2nd vid in Austin, quite reasonable for the officer to open fire, but the guy driving still seemed to be alive after 7 shots in the region of his head, passenger became 'compliant' though :)

I might be a bit blood thirsty.....
What do your think the reason was for the officer opening fire? They appeared to be resisting arrest by pushing the cop car out of their way, but I didn't see that the officer was in any danger, and I doubt that they heard any warning before the bullets came through their windshield...

Apparently there were 5 holes in the driver, but he survived and received a 32 year jail sentence, not sure if that was just for attacking the police officer.

...he survived and received a 32 year jail sentence, not sure if that was just for attacking the police officer.
Probably just one of a number of charges. Attempting to hit someone with a motor vehicle (even if they are in another vehicle) is usually categorized as felony ADW - Assault with a Deadly Weapon.

Probably just one of a number of charges. Attempting to hit someone with a motor vehicle (even if they are in another vehicle) is usually categorized as felony ADW - Assault with a Deadly Weapon.
Unless it is done by USA cops, then it is categorized as PIT - precision immobilization technique, even though it never appears to be very precise!

Yes what DT MI said :)

What I don't 'get', is that folk who decide to do something illegal and outside of the 'norm'. including trying to kill others, then expect all the protective elements in place that the whole of society expects?

Folk taking a knife out and waving around at another person to threaten and intimidate will eventually meet someone who will take the knife off of them and impale them on it, THEN the whinge will be - 'he stabbed me!' if they survive, there's been a variety of cases in the UK where a home invader has been met with force - where do you draw the line - well probably in the case where a farmer shot the thief in the back as running away, no longer a threat, didn't need to do it to protect.

"precision immobilization technique," bit of an oxymoron, like Friendly Society or Military Intelligence perhaps :)
it isn't precise, doesn't always immobilize and there's no technique....

american police is how much funny is this video. to be able to arrest and speak guilty wrongly while doing unquestioned execution .human life is important .
The crime that man is committed must be constant and evidence .killing people without evidence is to be a killer.
american policeman coward and murderer .

I think you need to tell that to the leader of your country Ascent42, and thats all i will say in this matter.

I still cant believe the police here that took Tibetan flags from a few very peaceful protesters are still having a job, freedom of speech are ultimate here you can say or protest anything you please, without getting fired - imprisoned - murdered.
But Danish police not knowing this simple fact, that do worry me a lot.

THIS IS......... DENMARK.

kamkar1 friend is not given human value in today's world. human life is no longer trivial .it looks clear in countries like Denmark, USA, Germany, France .
people can be killed without question.a thief is killed without question.babies are killed in the world, innocent people are killed .the result does not look good for the world .

I am one who normally support police and their use of force, ...
In addition to what @Nigel pointed out about the one hand steering,
  • wrong way driving
  • firing a gun while driving
  • Not moving back behind the car, after the offending vehicle fired. Other cars could have gotten in between the two if the police car NOT directly behind the car firing.

This bring back memories of something that happened a few years back

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...r-car-chase-distillery-district-shooting.html

A police officer fired at a stopped car, firing at the hood. The toronto star article has someone it interviewed who says its textbook but I saw someone say the bullets could have ricochetted.

If you look at the video and the article I have posted, it exposes the sorry judicial system here, the driver has a history of bad driving, has been banned from driving had has dragged an officer. Yet he is out in the streets as opposed to being in prison for assault with a weapon (a vehicle)

A police officer fired at a stopped car, firing at the hood. The toronto star article has someone it interviewed who says its textbook but I saw someone say the bullets could have ricochetted.
Why did they not park one police vehicle directly in front of him and another directly behind? Could have been done quite safely with little damage and would have prevented him moving. Instead they left him with an easy option of reversing away, and with a bit of force he could have gone forwards too, then his natural reaction to the firing may have been to panic and escape - the police officer doing the firing had put himself directly in the escape path. Without a technical knowledge of what was under the hood there is no way of knowing if the firing would have been effective, in my car he would have just put some holes in the air filter which would have had no effect. A single bullet through a tire and into the ground might have been a better option.

Since it was a stolen car, I wonder if the police paid for the damage they did?

Back