Poll: Did you have problem(s) with your Mini 0806?

Poll: Did you have problem(s) with your Mini 0806?

• 1. No Major Problems

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • 1. Have/Had Mayor Problem(s)

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • 2. GPS Problem

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • 2. Camera Problem

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 2. Power Problem

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • 2. Over heating Problem

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • 2. Other Problem(s)

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • 3. Still has the problem(s)

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 3. Returned the item for refund, repaired or exchange

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 3. Fixed without returning it. Please leave comment about fix

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
How can I find out what batch my 0806 is?.

in fact, it is easy to discriminate the first batch and second batch.
we made a new mold for the rotating ring, because the mold shop made a bad design on the first batch housing. there are two small marks at both sides of the mount. see below:

diff-1-2.jpg

It seems that I have the second batch.

I have 2 of the 2nd batch, 1 is perfect, the other has intermittent GPS signal and the 'up' button only works 1 press out of 50 :-(

BB

I too was having problems with the buttons not responding on my second batch camera but my major concern was GPS and power issues so I returned the Camera.

The problem with my camera was out of focus lens. I fixed it by disassembling the camera and refocusing it. Whoever is responsible for the manufacture and QC of these cameras needs to move the blind employee who is responsible for focusing these to a different position.

The problem with my camera was out of focus lens. I fixed it by disassembling the camera and refocusing it. Whoever is responsible for the manufacture and QC of these cameras needs to move the blind employee who is responsible for focusing these to a different position.

perhaps the guide dog needs to bark louder once it's clear ;)

Camera problem for me. Out of focus on the sides, and long distance is fuzzy. (haven't had seller return my email so meh)

I have a second edition apparently. It does not charge the battery at all. When unplugged it runs about 10 seconds and the dead battery warning comes on and it shuts down. I updated the firmware on the assumption that it was supposed to help the problem, but instead it now does not shut off by itself when the power is removed (cigarette lighter). So if I left it plugged in by accident I am sure it would eventually drain my battery since I don't drive my van every day. I went through 2 other 0803's and they would run about 5 min on their own battery and shut themselves down when power was removed, unfortunately they had so many other problems they got returned.

Other than that, the picture is clear and the GPS works 99% of the time. There are some random drop outs on occasion.

in fact, it is easy to discriminate the first batch and second batch.
we made a new mold for the rotating ring, because the mold shop made a bad design on the first batch housing. there are two small marks at both sides of the mount. see below:

View attachment 11406
My camera looks nothing like these ones, there are no holes in it. Who made those and when did they come out? I saw the photo after submitting my poll.

Never mind! I haven't been to the forum in so long I didn't know they have made 2 more since mine (It was the latest last time I was here). I guess it is an 0803. Although other than my past posts there is no way to tell since nothing is on the camera or the box it came in!

Last edited:
How long can the mini 0806 work on a fully charged battery? I'm starting to wonder if, besides other problems, I also have a battery problem Not sure though.

How long can the mini 0806 work on a fully charged battery? I'm starting to wonder if, besides other problems, I also have a battery problem Not sure though.
If it lasts over a minute, no need to worry as even if the new battery lasts 5-10 minutes, after few weeks, it'll drop significantly.

If it lasts over a minute, no need to worry as even if the new battery lasts 5-10 minutes, after few weeks, it'll drop significantly.
I hope most people are getting a lot more than a minute! Hopefully more than 10 minutes...

The camera is brand new and a fully charged battery last less than one minute. I can't even change the setting in one go.

that's the same issue I had with G90 and other dashcams.
Full charge is good for only couple of minutes.

Yes,we are the 0806 camera seller "Estore009" on Ebay,and we got some feedback on 0806 saying that this camera can not hold charger;GPS can not work;can not read 128Gb cards even if we test items before shipping out;
And we forward such problems to factory already,and push them to do some improvements to get better quality;

I think mini0806.com should recommend at least one 128GB card which is working with their camera. And few 64GB brands because not all cards are working with Mini 0806.
A 128GB card is expensive so the information is very important.

enjoy,
Mtz

Would be better if they just had proper exFAT support then all cards would be fine, even if you find a card that works now the card manufacturer can make changes that see later versions of the same cards have issues

I noticed you mentioned there's a version of the Ambarella SDK with exFAT support the other day mate - is that totally reliable then? I'm guessing they've got it as bullet proof as any implementation out there if it's in the GoPro etc?

Back