Poll: Did you have problem(s) with your Mini 0806?

Poll: Did you have problem(s) with your Mini 0806?

• 1. No Major Problems

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • 1. Have/Had Mayor Problem(s)

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • 2. GPS Problem

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • 2. Camera Problem

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 2. Power Problem

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • 2. Over heating Problem

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • 2. Other Problem(s)

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • 3. Still has the problem(s)

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 3. Returned the item for refund, repaired or exchange

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 3. Fixed without returning it. Please leave comment about fix

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
I noticed you mentioned there's a version of the Ambarella SDK with exFAT support the other day mate - is that totally reliable then? I'm guessing they've got it as bullet proof as any implementation out there if it's in the GoPro etc?
Using the latest firmware, my mini 0806 is using exFAT with the 64GB card formatted in the camera and has had no issues with it so far, appears to loop around without problem.

What 64GB card do you have?

enjoy,
Mtz

What 64GB card do you have?

enjoy,
Mtz
It is a current generation grey colour Samsung Pro 64GB, been in use since beginning of last August when they were available cheap.

(There are a lot of fake black ones about - be careful.)

yes no reliability issues when using the licensed SDK and all cards are supported
A massive advantage to the Ambarella cameras here then - well to those companies who realise that the exFAT SDK exists :)

I should have a TI based camera dropping in the next few weeks - I'm intrigued to see how that handles it.

some don't know it's an option, others do but are reluctant to pony up the cash, it's not cheap, easily justified though in my opinion

The marketing advantage alone should prove that.

Looks like they might be using the Tuxera solution:

http://www.tuxera.com/partners/

TI and CSR are on there too. Not sure if Novatek license it but that would solve a lot of problems that people have with large cards.

I bought the NTFS module from Tuxera 5 years ago and it's been great - no issues to report :)

not sure, would be better if Ambarella just licensed it for the platform so that everyone would have it, cost prohibitive I guess but it would save a lot of drama instead of these hacked solutions

Man, I need to buy some cards bigger than 32gb. I already have too many 32gbs though so anything bigger is going to be for testing purposes mainly.

Dual 64gB SANDISK class 10 cards (which both worked fine in my Mobius) - it doesn't loop between Card B and A when on AUTO card select, it just keeps overwriting on Card B. Both formatted as FAT32 and test perfectly fine.

I can swap the cards over between the slots and the behaviour is the same, it only records on Card B.

If I put one card in Slot A by itself it seems to work fine.

Last edited:
Dual 64gB SANDISK class 10 cards (which both worked fine in my Mobius) - it doesn't loop between Card B and A when on AUTO card select, it just keeps overwriting on Card A. Both formatted as FAT32 and test perfectly fine.

I can swap the cards over between the slots and the behaviour is the same, it only records on Card B.

If I put one card in Slot A by itself it seems to work fine.
Interesting! It's supposed to record on both cards.

Interesting! It's supposed to record on both cards.
Yep, it isn't. I am leaving it connected permanently recording for 24 hours to see what happens. I re-formatted both cards again. I have corrected my post above, if 2 cards are fitted with the setting on AUTO it only records on card B.

I have had a few lockups as well, as if it can't save the files to the card and had to reset the camera.

Not overly impressed at the moment, my Mobius was bulletproof, but didn't have the GPS.

If the next firmware update doesn't fix this it is going back for a refund and I will go back to the Mobius, glad I haven't put it on ebay yet.

Looks like a firmware bug then. I'm going to try the cards as exFAT and see if that makes any difference

I've just been looking at the feedback Combi have got, 100% positive, everyone says working perfectly, and they have sold over a hundred of them: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231480319170
Maybe they are good at manipulating the feedback score, or maybe they got a good batch, or maybe they just provide excellent customer service?

fully tested to make sure it is all working as it should before sending it out to you. a Full British 12 month guarantee applies.

I've just been looking at the feedback Combi have got, 100% positive, everyone says working perfectly, and they have sold over a hundred of them: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231480319170
Maybe they are good at manipulating the feedback score, or maybe they got a good batch, or maybe they just provide excellent customer service?

That's who I bought my 2nd unit from.

someone on here mentioned getting a dud from Combi already, it was replaced without issue though, one of the benefits of paying a bit more and buying locally, not everyone leaves feedback (or checks their product before leaving feedback) so expect a few might slip through although I'd expect if they did get a couple of bad ones early on they're more likely to have double checked them before sending more out, again that's more the kind of service you'd receive by buying locally, I can't see them manipulating the scores, nor can I see them getting a clean run with no bad units, excellent customer service is the more likely scenario I suspect, strangely enough good service still does happen

It's nice to hear good news about the 0806 for sure, I've got to admit I'd never really heard of Combi that much until recently but seems they're definitely selling a lot!

I'm not sure but if goods are bought in the EU these days you're covered by a two year warranty which is an even bigger benefit of buying locally

Saying that I couldn't last four months without cracking the X2 open!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back