Poll: Did you have problem(s) with your Mini 0806?

Poll: Did you have problem(s) with your Mini 0806?

• 1. No Major Problems

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • 1. Have/Had Mayor Problem(s)

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • 2. GPS Problem

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • 2. Camera Problem

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 2. Power Problem

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • 2. Over heating Problem

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • 2. Other Problem(s)

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • 3. Still has the problem(s)

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 3. Returned the item for refund, repaired or exchange

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 3. Fixed without returning it. Please leave comment about fix

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
here's the post on the dud (yes they do have dud ones) https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mini-0806-first-impressions.9851/page-3#post-123246 but as mentioned it was a no fuss replacement, that's the benefit of local purchase
Well it worked with their default settings so you can't really blame them for not finding the fault when they tested it, they can't test every feature on every camera, I would give them positive feedback for that one.

Interesting that they decided to change the default resolution and have their own customised version so that it would work with any old computer and avoid the complaints of jerky playback from their less technical customers - they have put some thought and effort into their customer service!

Last edited by a moderator:
they can't test every feature on every camera

agree, it's an impossible task

I would give them positive feedback for that one.

Good chance they've had faulty ones, the stock all came from the same source so it's only logical that they have had, but deal with the issue and do it well and they could still have great eBay feedback, some vendors just drop the ball when it comes to service

I always wait a few days now to make sure things are ok before leaving feedback on eBay purchases as its a much harder task to get ebay to help if you've already left positive feedback!

I have noticed that ebay will not allow you to leave feedback after 30 days or so. I would like to be able to wait 6 months and leave feedback then. That would be much more useful data for anyone looking.

Hy Guys.

First of all , please excuse any spelling mistakes : )

I'm new here , i am from ROMANIA and i bought the 0806 second Batch. from Amazon.com. I bought it along with the GPS receiver and the Hardwire kit to wire in to my car. I installed it in my car and tested it for 10 days roadtrip , more than 80 hours of recording time , and i am sad to say it is very dissapointing to say that i had a bunch of problems from the start.
I don't even know where to begin the list of problemes that i had :
1)Camera still shows that it's charging even thow the car is off or it is out of the mount - it does this until the battery is dead
2) The screen flickers when i start it in the morning ( continues th flicker until the camera is warm)
3) The firmware freezes often sometimes i can't use the middle button any more because of the freezes.
4) Sometimes the camera refuses to shutdown when power off.
5) Even thow the screen off time is set to 15 seconds sometimes it never turns off.
6) I had mounted in it 2 x64 GB Sandisk ultra cards but it never recordes on the second card , when the first one is full it overwrites it insted of wrighting on the second one. Each one individually works fine
7) GPS speed si way off , showing more than 30 or 40 km/h more than my real speed. On the hyghway it was locked at 170km/h even thow i had 130.
8)Microfone was off half of this time , it remainded off until the camera ran out of battery .
9) The camera even thow it doesn't overheat it smells like burned up circuits or overheated metal parts , at some point i had to open the windows to let out the smell.

Last firmware update is in Jan2015 - so it is the last one.

For me returning the product is not an option because of the shipping costs and all the hustle of shipping .
The only good thing i can think off it's the image quality. It's very good and it's the only reason for me to keep this camera still mounted . You could even compare it with the GOPROH3Black+ quality in pure daylight.

If you have any ideea how to correct any of the issues reported above , please leave me a comment.

In conclusion , i will neve buy something like this again :( beter wait for a stable product ore invest in something with more quality. .

Attachments

• 20150308_201234-001.jpg
    20150308_201234-001.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Mtz
To be honest I was going to say check your firmware version until I got to #3 and #9 - that sounds like faulty hardware potentially and needs replacing.

sounds faulty unfortunately, if sending it back is not an option that maybe not much you can do

I voted:
Have/Had Mayor Problem(s)
Camera Problem
Other Problem(s)
Still has the problem(s)

The problems are:
The picture isn't as sharp/focused as I have seen in other video's made with the 0806 (it got a bit better when I aimed the camera a bit lower, showing less sky)

The recordings don't loop between Card B and A when on AUTO card select, it just keeps overwriting on Card B. Both formatted as FAT32 and test perfectly fine.

But what I was wondering:
are there people with an 0806 where the loop recording on 2 cards does work?
I only read comments about that it doesn't work, but no success stories as far as I know.

Is it a known bug by the firmware developers and is it worked on, otherwise I'll have to return the camera while I can (I would hate it because I like the camera)

It is a known bug according to Rayman and they are working on it.

I have second batch and no problem (for now).

It is a known bug according to Rayman and they are working on it.
Yes,it is right!We got confirmation from factory that they are working on it,and that is why it has limited quantity available for these days!

My mini 0806 recently arrived so I can finally vote in my own poll. :) So far, my GPS works great. It takes almost no time for a solid green light.

I was extremely concern that rotating the camera for mounting could caused some of the reported wiring issues. It did not. I just hope rotating it did not weaken the internal wiring/soldering and problems show up later.

I have minor issues when in "Rotate Image 180". See the following thread for info:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/“rotate-image-180”-comments-and-a-small-bug.10367/

I have major camera shake problems which the following 15 second video demonstrates. You can both see & hear it. I now think it may be because of the hanging power wire. You can see the wire in the video. I'll secure it better next time. I eventually plan to hardwire it using the switch power from the auto day/night mirror.

I think the focus is OK. You can give me feedback on focus when the camera is not vibrating in the video.

Video has more glare then I would like. I had the CPL filter on.

I have major camera shake problems which the following 15 second video demonstrates. You can both see & hear it. I now think it may be because of the hanging power wire.
Not only power wire.
The whole camera hangs on one side so there will be some vibrations.
You can use something like this @niko did to support the camera body.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/attachments/mini-0806-antivibrating-5-jpg.11070/
mini-0806-antivibrating-5-jpg.11070

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...06-shake-vibration-quick-and-simple-diy.9611/

Sunny, thank you for the link. I'll try that when I get some time.

I found where the noise is coming from. It is the filter. I still see the camera shake but no noise when I remove the filter. The noise comes back when I put the filter back.

Mini should fix the camera shake.
They could also put a thin piece of rubber around the filter to stop the noise.

I found where the noise is coming from. It is the filter. I still see the camera shake but no noise when I remove the filter. The noise comes back when I put the filter back.

I don't think anyone else is having a problem with the filter rattling?

Have a careful look at how it mounts, see if there is something making it not sit flat, or maybe the glass is loose as the screw thread hasn't been tightened fully?

Or just use few small pieces of black tape yourself and call it good.

I don't think anyone else is having a problem with the filter rattling?

Have a careful look at how it mounts, see if there is something making it not sit flat, or maybe the glass is loose as the screw thread hasn't been tightened fully?
Someone in the DIY thread (link above) has minor camera shake noise.

The 4 screws in the mount were sticking out just a little so I tighten them. That did not make a difference.

For a while I was thinking the power wire may be contributing to the problem. But I secured it better now and it's attached to the base not to the camera.

There is a small air pocket in the tape to the windshield, about 1/4 inch wide and just a little taller. I think it is too small to make a difference. I've seen other photos with similar pockets. I'll try to post a photo later.

Last edited:
I also had a small problem with the rattling of the filter. I used some small strips double sided tape (app. 2 mm width, 2cm long) on the left, right and underside of the camera lens.

My best setting for the filter seems to be the whiteline at 2 o'clock
(Photo before cutting the excess tape, red arrow indicating the white line of the filter)
r0nqwz.jpg

Reactions: Mtz
I also had a small problem with the rattling of the filter. I used some small strips double sided tape (app. 2 mm width, 2cm long) on the left, right and underside of the camera lens.
Interesting :)

I think one strip of thin black electrical insulating tape over the bottom ridge that the filter sits on would sort the rattle nicely?

Looking at mine I think those two ridges are a tiny bit too low, although mine doesn't rattle anyway, I guess some are not exactly the same shape to 1000th mm.

Also a reason to use double sided tape for me was the fact that when I remove the camera the filter sometimes drops of the camera, or when I place it you could turn the filter a bit causing the filter not filtering as it should

Back