• No, I'm afraid to damage something

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

PistolPex

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hey,
I was wondering how many of you did the lens correction.
I just ordered a microHDMI adapter and I'm currently looking for a hot glue pistol but I'm about to do the correction. BTW does it have to be hot glue or can I use some superglue, too?

if you use superglue, you won't be able to refocus again later.

if you use superglue, you won't be able to refocus again later.
Good argument :p

Shouldn't it be a mini (not micro) HDMI adapter ?
No it's a micro
HDMI-MINI-HDMI-MICRO-HDMI.jpg

I refocused mine of course but didn't glue it after that. Just made aligned black marks (can see it only at some angle) with permanent marker on the plastic outer edge of the lens and front cover to know if lens is still in same position.

I refocused mine of course but didn't glue it after that. Just made aligned black marks (can see it only at some angle) with permanent marker on the plastic outer edge of the lens and front cover to know if lens is still in same position.

That's what I did too ;)

Good idea :) does the lens twist easily when it's not glued?

Good idea :) does the lens twist easily when it's not glued?
Not at all, you still need to apply some force to twist it. That's why I thought it will be good idea not gluing it again.
So far lens remains in same position.

I just removed the front of the cam and tried to remove the glue. Since the glue points are very hard, it's very hard to do with a screwdriver... What tools did you use to remove that?

//EDIT:
Got it :)
A lot of patience, the smallest screwdriver I had, a needle, a tweezer and some use of a hair-dryer did it :p

Last edited:
I may try to refocus to see if things are better. If original focus point is too close, how far back did you guys re-focus to so that wider landscape scenes are sharper?

I refocused it about 5 ft away. It works well for my purpose: mount on a car and record driving

I just did a full day of shooting and tried 30fps and the video was much sharper than 60fps. I can still see focus point is close and meant for selfie. I wonder if re-focusing further to say 5 ft would make selfie videos too blurry?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Yi Action Camera 3
R Yi Action Camera 44
Back