PonerineM [debug 0.0.5] multi-cam controller for android (add photo mode)

Understood, but it's very difficult to complete:
1. how to sync the time server and make sure all cams sync time 100% the same;
2. also difficult to verify all cams can start at the same time, less then 1/120s delay.

PonerineM works! Thank you so much!

Wishes:
Add the ability to edit the settings in PonerineM and changing the settings for all cameras in PonerineM together, not one by one.

Good to heard that. Actually if change setting, YiCam app or Ponerine.S will do the jobs.

For multiple cams control, like 3D or VR 360 degree, and also, there're so many ash scripts & shell scripts would inject to the cam for Ponerine.M, I suggest the setting should be fixed.

Currently, main issues are trigger record & stop, rename, metering exposure value. So I don't have too much time to migrate the Singel funtion to Multiple.

I found a small bug.
When you try to paste the IP address from the clipboard, the program crashed.

photo_2015-10-22_15-21-29.jpg

Yes, actually I've already found this kind of issue. I think that's the development platform has compatibility issue with soft keyboard.
So, sorry, please input it one by one.

Hi lucklz, I want make 360 degree video.
and I have some questions.

This apk? app? works android phone? and it control all 6 cameras?

and I can use each cameras manual exposure?

and if I taking video, (all 6 cameras) that's are all same time start? with no delay?

Sorry about my bad english.
and thank you.

1. yes, works for android phone, and control for 6~7 cameras at the same time;
2. yes, manual exposure should be work, but not perfect. still waiting for XiaoYi official info about this point;
3. no, all cameras can not start at the same time. there are 1~2 seconds delay due to the wifi.
so the solution for this, I make a buzzer sound after all cameras starts, record this sound to sync the video in post softwares.

Hi Luckylz. Thanks for your amazing development!;)
I wanna shooting a 360 video, like other guys.
So, I will use your cool app. Also, for better quality I have to install a custom firmwares (for bigger bitrate and resolution). Will I have any problems with different models of cameras (22L, 23L or another) and different versions of firmwares?
Thanks for your answer!

diff model (Z22L, Z23L, ect.) you need to download the diff version of firmware, and make your own bitrate version.

diff model (Z22L, Z23L, ect.) you need to download the diff version of firmware, and make your own bitrate version.
Well, your app works with all types of cameras and firmwares. I must care only about capability btwn cameras and firmwares. Am I right?

sure, app is ok for all models.

Thank you very much for your fast reply!
Pleasure to deal with you)

Has anyone else had issues with liveView with VLC for Android?

Android 5.1.1
Have PomerineM up and running camera connected and live preview is set to as on.
swap across to VLC and click on rtsp://192.168.1.120:554/live it just seems to error out.

if I close PomerineM and open up C&C and connect then run VLC from the laptop it seems to connect and work fine.

Any suggestions?

luckylz, is it possible to turn off the camera via telnet. If "yes," may be it's possible to add this feature in the program?

Think you can restart by sending a simple Json cmd via the sockets ;) instead of telnet -

{"msg_id":2,"token":blah, "type":"dev_reboot", "param":"on"}

Would be great if there was a wiki or page on all the Json cmds

Does this app work with any Android tablet also? I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with Android 4.4 Kit Kat, will it work for it? Also, can you or someone please post more detailed instructions on how to do the preparation.

What does all this mean, how do I do this?
Preparation:
1. User
shell scripts (click me) or PonerineS (click me) , change all the YiCams to WiFi station mode one by one;
2. Make sure telnet is enabled in autoexec.ash as:
Code:
lu_util exec telnetd -l/bin/sh
3. Android phone must connect to the same WiFi as YiCams;

I'm completely new to Android and I've never done anything like this before to get an app to work. Please give instructions for a dummy like me. Thank you.

Hi luckylz,

first of all I want to say a big big big thank you for your work. WOW I'm impressed. I'm a pro photographer who is just starting to use 360° videos professionally (with experience in a 360° GoPro rig), and I'm absolutley new in this forum. I would like to ask, if in future there would be a combination between ponerineM and -S, in one single App. Maybe in addition to vary the EV value (e.g.+1; +2; -1; -2; ) and the set of the whitebalance for each camera, and the ability to connect 20 cams to the app. (This is, because I'm planing a 360° 3D project). Is there anything I can do, to help your development in that direction? It would be really great to have such an app.

I don't think luckylz is planning any future releases of ponerineM and is only focusing on ponerineS.

I am working on a mobile / desktop app designed to support all rigs initial release should be in the next two weeks. At first targeting 6 camera support to support the brahma rig located on shapeways and expanding further to support additional rigs with more cameras. ;)

Keep an eye out on the forums as I will be posting here.. Won't be as feature rich as ponerine but will slowly get there..

Wow, I been looking for something like this for a while. Amazing Work!!! Quick question, is 8 the max number of cameras it controls?

It should be able to connect to as many your phone or router can handle ;)

But at the moment initial release for me will be 6 to support Brahma and then I will allo w users to configure and setup their own rigs and combinations. ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
luckylz Yi Action Camera 72
Back