PonerineS [debug 0.1.4] the android apk for XiaoYi Sports Camera

Yes, I'll post screenshots later.

working on max 9-cams interface
record.jpg
liveview can be done in PC, but not mobile phone (kivy not support well)
liveview.jpg
get the same starting sync time just for luck
synctime.jpg

YiCam can easily sync videos using its built-in function: buzzer_ring. when all the cams start record, buzzer_ring one of the cams.

If I understand correctly Ponerine may, hopefully, control multiple cams.
For videos: it is then possible to synchronize them via audio or via buzzer_ring.
around 2-5sec

For panoramic pictures with moving objects:
any chance by (improved) Ponerine, or other ways, to synchronize multiple cams to shoot at the same time, i. e. with a delay of few milliseconds?

If I understand correctly Ponerine may, hopefully, control multiple cams.
For videos: it is then possible to synchronize them via audio or via buzzer_ring.
Yes, now I'm working on this with 2 options:
1. just like shooting movie --- director says [ACTION]
if all yicams started to record, then beep one of the yicam(the first started should better), record a sound of beep about 1~2sec;
2. just like shooting movie --- director says [CUT]
before stopping, then beep again.

For panoramic pictures with moving objects:
any chance by (improved) Ponerine, or other ways, to synchronize multiple cams to shoot at the same time, i. e. with a delay of few milliseconds?
Actually, if only using wifi to control, no matter you're using so call #Ponerine# or others software, the sync time can not be sure under ms. This is the limitation of wifi, not control software. The only solution is record the sound to sync.

And what could be the sync accuracy in still mode ?
I'd like to put 2 Yi on my bike with a 45°angle, take pictures in loop or timelapse mode, then merge each dual pictures with hugin (panorama maker)

sync picture is much much more difficult than video, if you'er riding a bike and taking pictures.

It seems I need something like to Gopro Hero 2 Bus hack.
With this hack you could say :
Master : Hey Camera 1 & 2 I want to take a picture, prepare your exposure and shutter speed settings ! Are you ok ?
Camera 1 : I'm ready !
Camera 2 : I'm ready too !
Master : Take Picture ... NOW !

yes, you need hack the serial-io-bus inside the yicam.

Ponerine os coming along nicely and I'm using it increasingly.The only things holding me back are the lack of live view and the zoom function that Andy has in C&C.Are those functions on the to do list for Ponerine luckylz ?

Ponerine is based on Kivy language, will not support the rtsp function well. So after I can completely handle the multicam control, I will consider 2 options:
1. migrate to original android apk development, which is a far far way to go;
2. minimize the Ponerine progam to a very small size --- e.g. only a record icon --- and open the VLC(android version) to do the preview jobs.
So please kindly be patient on my apk, I'm working with it everyday in my sparetime.

here is my "better than none" solution for liveview:
1. install VLC for android: http://get.videolan.org/vlc-android/1.4.1/;
2. enabled liveview function in pc or apk (I will add this feature to Ponerine soon);
3. push [home] not [back];
4. open vlc, then can get the liveview.

I've tested it ok:
vlc-1.jpg vlc-2.jpg

Last edited:
Blimey Lucky,that was quick.But I wasn't making demands I was just making suggestions as to how Ponerine could be improved in the future.

I don't pretend to understand how hard the work is because I don't code and so don't know how difficult it is to apply the Zoom function.I'll just say that if it comes I will welcome it.

Thanks for your hard work.

Ponerine-Single-Cam.png
Update debug 0.1.4 features:
1. bug fixed while recording, the record time not updated;
2. enabled telnet by autoexec.ash (no need to input username):
Code:
lu_util exec telnetd -l/bin/sh
don't use file any more:
Code:
enable_info_display.script

Last edited:
working on max 9-cams interface
View attachment 16859
liveview can be done in PC, but not mobile phone (kivy not support well)
View attachment 16860
get the same starting sync time just for luck
View attachment 16861

Hay Luckylz,
Thanks for your efforts to create Ponerine.

I am following the forum since week to get my 6 cam working together.

I already ordered 6 yi cams and delivered within 2-3 days, Also placed order to 3D print the rig to hold 6 cam together to shoot 360 sphere image/video. I am desperate to using Ponerine (Hope till the time you can mange it to work for 6 cams)

Though as per your above post of 9 cams (M.Ponerine apk), is it working for 6 cams? if yes can you share "M.Ponerine" apk with us?

Thanks in advance.

It's in another thread I opened.

Yes I got to know just after sending reply. already download and waiting my yi cams to deliver to test it.

I will share my 360 image / video soon.

Note: did any one tried Poenrine on multiple cams?

Ignore my poor english.

Thanks again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
luckylz Yi Action Camera 63
Back