PonerineS [debug 0.1.4] the android apk for XiaoYi Sports Camera

The FOV of Xiaoyi camera is 150 degrees, so 3 cameras would be 3 x 150 = 450. Not enough..?

No.
Yi, according to manufacturer specs, has 155° D(iagonal)FOV.
The actual Horizontal FOV is about 120°, the Vertical FOV is about 90° (my measure but quite right). You need at least 6 Yis to capture the whole sphere (i.e. 360°x180°) conveniently set like in this rig:

Kodak 360 is cheaper then 6 x YI cameras, takes way less space and no need for complicated brackets.
http://kodakpixpro.com/Americas/cameras/actioncamera/sp360.php

Did you try it? Two kodak images have about 32 Mps; 6 Yi images about 80 Mps.
When you zoom in I think that makes a difference but I would like to know if I am right.

The gui control ap by Andy_ is good for shooting multiple Yis together but that implies the use of a pc which is not much comfortable when you have to move and take many outdoor still pictures.
A smartphone ap to do that for 6 Yis would be very, very good.
So many many thanks in advance to anyone (i.e. Luckylz or others) who will succeed in doing.

Hi @scuola, do you own more than one YiCam at the moment? If yes, you can try use my app to connect & control them.

Hi, I've tried to connect with ponerine but I've some problems...
I've download and installed the 0.0.7 version.
I've connected the smartphone to the Yi wifi.
The wifi symbol on ponerine is green.
When I try to connect, pressing the central "P" (the ponerine's symbol), the arrows slide in the "P" but nothing happens...
I'm doing something wrong?
Thank you

Hi @scuola, do you own more than one YiCam at the moment? If yes, you can try use my app to connect & control them.
I have only one: I would like to have a way to control multiple cams via smartphone, or any other small device, before buying a set of six.
I guess your ap does not work for six cams according to what
member bstephens2002 wrote in another thread: perhaps he can test.

Just wait for it to connect. It will take sometime.
Hi, I've tried to connect with ponerine but I've some problems...
I've download and installed the 0.0.7 version.
I've connected the smartphone to the Yi wifi.
The wifi symbol on ponerine is green.
When I try to connect, pressing the central "P" (the ponerine's symbol), the arrows slide in the "P" but nothing happens...
I'm doing something wrong?
Thank you

Just wait for it to connect. It will take sometime.
Thanks but there was a problem XD
To connect to the cam's wifi I used the original app... If you try to connect with Ponerine when you are connected with the original app, on Ponerine nothing happen (I've waited many minutes)
So, I've tried to connect to cam's wifi without original app but forcing by android option... And Ponerine now works in few seconds
(sorry for english, I hope the explanation is quite clear..)

Yes, the official android app now has a user-friendly function --- auto switch wifi between YiCam ssid & previous ssid --- but actually making the thing worse, linking time will be longer.
So use Ponerine, you just need to connect to the YiCam ssid, and run the app, I think linking is much faster than official app.

I have only one: I would like to have a way to control multiple cams via smartphone, or any other small device, before buying a set of six.
I guess your ap does not work for six cams according to what
member bstephens2002 wrote in another thread: perhaps he can test.
I'm the same situation --- only got 1 YiCam --- and Ponerine has so many development to do --- so now I can not test for controlling 6 cams.

Update debug 0.0.8.

During weekend field test on my apk, so I create new features as the following:

1. User can change the download/upload location, by click the icon of camera. By default is in the internal memory of android phone, I can not save the files to external sd card now. The following only work for my phone, please change to your own location:
Code:
Download location:
/mnt/sdcard/ponerine/download
Upload location:
/mnt/sdcard/ponerine/upload
2. Set WAKE_LOCK permission, then the mobile phone won't sleep during download;
3. Now have the prompt when try to delete files.
debug008-1.jpg debug008-2.jpg debug008-3.jpg

TODO:
1. Keep download history list, no need to re-download the same files again;
2. After delete files, waiting too long to refreshing the file list.

Update debug 0.0.9
added: filtering downloaded & undownload files, I think file section will be end at this point.
debug009-1.jpg debug009-2.jpg
next: I will focus on file upload.

Update debug 0.1.0 small progress in setting screen
debug010-1.jpg debug010-2.jpg

Update debug 0.1.1 complete setting screen
debug011-1.jpg debug011-2.jpg debug011-3.jpg debug011-4.jpg debug011-5.jpg

Theoretically can bind with 6cams, currently apk hardcoded with 2 cams.
Now I'm working on "injection screen", to inject autoexec.ash or wifi.sh into YiCam, after this should be able to set the wifi station mode & control multicams via my apk.

As in your link, poor understanding Russian. If batcoh can have a try within 2cams, I will go for 6cams supports.

I wrote batcoh, waiting for an answer from him.

Theoretically can bind with 6cams, currently apk hardcoded with 2 cams.
Now I'm working on "injection screen", to inject autoexec.ash or wifi.sh into YiCam, after this should be able to set the wifi station mode & control multicams via my apk.

As in your link, poor understanding Russian. If batcoh can have a try within 2cams, I will go for 6cams supports.

Napite instructions on how to put an application into two chambers:

1. ....
2. ....
3. ....
and further

Update debug version 0.1.2

Notice:
1. The injection based on firmware version 1.2.12, older version won't work !
2. If any error happens, please delete all files (not the folders) in the root of the tf card, and try again.
3. Don't inject telnet function with others at the same time.

New features:
1. Enable & disable telnet function via app;
2. Setting ssid & password via app;
3. Enable wifi station mode via app;
4. Button mode same as before:
(1) in wifi station mode, click the wifi button to turn off wifi, will reboot and switch to wifi ap mode;
(2) in wifi ap mode, take 3 pictures, click the wifi button to turn off wifi, will reboot and switch to wifi station mode.

Please follow the screenshot to set your wifi station mode:
debug-1.png debug-2.png debug-3.png debug-4.png
debug-5.png debug-6.png debug-7.png debug-8.png

Last edited:
Finally, I can link with 2 YiCams in wifi station mode, and take pictures & videos.
Here are some screenshots tonight:
dualcam-1.jpg dualcam-2.jpg dualcam-3.jpg
dualcam-4.jpg dualcam-5.jpg dualcam-6.jpg
122.png 123.png

Hi Guys! I use Xiaomi Yi for shooting spherical panoramic video, like this.
I can`t understand how to start a record on two channels simultaneously. The main screen of the application to mount both cameras, but starts recording only one :( And yet, if possible, extend the functionality of your program up to six cameras. Sory for bad Eanglish :(

Hi @batcoh, you mean using my apk, can not start record on both 2 yicams?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
luckylz Yi Action Camera 63
Back