Poor (IMO) Video Quality - is it just me?

Arizona User

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is the attached frame typical of the SG video quality, or is there something I need to change/adjust?
I've had the unit for just over a year, and am happy with it except for the video quality.
Its serial number begins with B155 so I believe it is a V2.
I'm in Phoenix, AZ so it's almost always recording in sunshine (300+ days per year).
I do not have a CPL filter on it.
I took the frame from a segment of video as I don't know how to get the video attached to the post. If someone would like to upload it, I can email them a copy of the 20 MB file (via YouSendIt). It's of video of an ever so slightly inebriated driver side-swiping another vehicle. I could have used the license plate number but can't read it from the video.
Any help/suggestions/comments will be appreciated.

Attachments

• Frame 2017.01.05 15-39-25 (0-00-09.645).jpg
    Frame 2017.01.05 15-39-25 (0-00-09.645).jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 59
Look a bit soft to me, i think the focus might have shifted on you.

How long have you had the camera ?

Just emailed you both the video and original purchase receipt.
It was through you (Pier 28) back in May of 2016 (not as long ago as I thought).
I emailed to your old Pier 28 email address as I still had that.
I trust that one still works.

(PS: thanks jokiin)

My old pier28 address forwards to streetguardianusa
(Received)

I tried to reply but your custom domain has SPF record errors so it bounced. I will reply from a different email that doesn't have SPF enabled.

The first post in this thread was on Friday, and today (Monday), I received a replacement unit (which does have a sharper picture).
That's pretty darn quick service !
Street Guardian definitely know how to treat their customers.
I never rec'd that sort of timely, attentive service for any of the other three dashcam brands I've tried.

Yeah, sometimes you need to be patient, when there's a week-end in the traject it's always a little slow... Nice to hear you survived.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B SG9665GC 4
dvas SG9665GC 4
H SG9665GC 13
H SG9665GC 11
A SG9665GC 22
Back