Poor picture quality

I know but it gives the best results and has done so through about 5 different cameras Have it higher and the light keeps changing. sooner read the plates than have perfect pictures

I tilted mine for for the pics I posted. I guess it just is what it is. If that Jeep sideswiped me and continued on, I don't think it would have captured the plate. The BlackVue has an awesome field a view but the downside it is capturing too much sky. If I tilt is any lower, my A/C vents are in the picture.

I've only 35-40% of sky.
But HillBilly you have IMO too much dashboard.
This gives much more distorsion (fish-eye effect) to the driving scene.

I agree with this. I also tried tilting the camera lower and noticed that increased distortion made reading plates from the neighboring lanes more difficult This is because of the reflection the vent/speaker (see below) that runs all the way my dash creates.

20180205_073511_NF_60fps.jpg20180208_073735_NF_30fps.jpg

Without looking at the file names, can you tell which one is 60FPS EXTREME mode and which is 30 FPS Highest mode. Check out the plate on the Accord on the right.

In all honestly, If you are involved in a front or rear collision, the cameras are good enough to clearly capture the license plate of the car you collide with. More challenging will be cars that collide perpendicular to you. I had this happen to me during a hit and run when my car was parked. The offending car parked next to me and clipped my rear fender in the process. Unfortunately, the camera couldn't make out his license plate clear.

I agree with this. I also tried tilting the camera lower and noticed that increased distortion made reading plates from the neighboring lanes more difficult This is because of the reflection the vent/speaker (see below) that runs all the way my dash creates.

View attachment 36380View attachment 36381

Without looking at the file names, can you tell which one is 60FPS EXTREME mode and which is 30 FPS Highest mode. Check out the plate on the Accord on the right.

Well thats bloody easy Click on the pic and it tells you left is 60fps right is 30 fps Thats what it says in the data anyway Where the hell are you that it is that dark at 10 in the morning I know its winter in the USA but the brightness settings seem too low. Your settings seem all to hell to me

Have a look at the pics I posted on page 1 You can read the plates quite clearly and our AUS plates are smaller than your US ones

Last edited:
It's 7:35 in the morning. Brightness for the front cam is set to 3

Well all I can say is thats not good and is nowhere near as good as the pics from mine Woops 1037 must have been the time you posted them Did u look at my two you can read the plates Ok????

In all honestly, If you are involved in a front or rear collision, the cameras are good enough to clearly capture the license plate of the car you collide with. More challenging will be cars that collide perpendicular to you. I had this happen to me during a hit and run when my car was parked. The offending car parked next to me and clipped my rear fender in the process. Unfortunately, the camera couldn't make out his license plate clear.

By perpendicular I presume you mean parallel

Maybe the solution for future camera firmware/sensors is to offer a 21:9 widescreen format, so cameras in regular cars don't show too much dash and bonnet (hood for the Americans).
A letter box screen format would allow a higher resolution to take less space on your SD card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WillL84 DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 27
T DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 3
Back